Share Your ER4 Tri-Flange Mods, Please
May 11, 2005 at 11:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

vranswer

1000+ Head-Fier
Just wondering how many different mods have been performed on Ety tri-flange tips. And what effect was desired, versus the effect actually achieved.

May 11, 2005 at 3:08 PM Post #2 of 10
i lick mine, does that count?
wink.gif

May 11, 2005 at 6:35 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by raisin
For really wide ears you can slip on a slice of foamy tip behind the largest flange to "pressurize" the fit.

Thats the one i was going to post! - Seems to reinforce the bass a little too
etysmile.gif

May 11, 2005 at 6:59 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by raisin
For really wide ears you can slip on a slice of foamy tip behind the largest flange to "pressurize" the fit.

Interesting. OK, how does one get a 'slice' of foamy tip, and how does one slip it on?
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdipisReks
i lick mine, does that count?
wink.gif

HAHA. Sounds like a personal problem to me, about which excessive information is being shared.

May 11, 2005 at 7:54 PM Post #6 of 10
I cut the largest flange off on mine (so they're now "biflanges"). I did this because I find the Shure soft flex sleeves to sound better and be more comfortable than any Ety sleeves and the Shure sleeve that fits my ears is of the same diameter as the middle ety flange, so I decided to see what happens if I cut the big one off.

Lo and behold, the biflange tips were even easier to insert and get a seal with than the Shures, and yet still provided some protection for the filters from earwax (with the soft flex tips the filters were right at the end).

May 11, 2005 at 8:11 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by vranswer
Interesting. OK, how does one get a 'slice' of foamy tip, and how does one slip it on?

Get a single sided razor blade (or similar uber sharp item) and cut 2 slices of foamie about an eigth of an inch long. Grab the foamie slice in your thumb and fore finger and with the other thumb and fore finger,wriggle the foam around untill the 'lil plastic tube breaks free from the middle of the foamie section. Then just remove the tri flanges,slip on the foamie 'donut' and refit the tri flange - et voila!,the foamie mod is complete
smily_headphones1.gif
You can experiment with foamie thickness to find your 'happy place!'
etysmile.gif

May 11, 2005 at 8:53 PM Post #8 of 10
biflanges. can't use them as tri's, but biflanges are a gd-send to me

20050503_0020Small.jpg

May 12, 2005 at 3:51 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmmmmm
biflanges. can't use them as tri's, but biflanges are a gd-send to me

20050503_0020Small.jpg

And not for me - they don't seem to seal well. Other people do like this idea, though.

May 12, 2005 at 3:28 PM Post #10 of 10
I cut the smallest flange off, and can report a near-perfect seal with no contact between the end flange and my ears' inner bits...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back