Share your desktop Wall Paper
Jul 3, 2006 at 5:01 AM Post #2 of 58
My Current one, the other one has some females that probably would affend some punks so.

426069321_l.jpg

Jul 3, 2006 at 8:04 AM Post #5 of 58

A nice, non-distracting wallpaper, taken by fellow Head-Fi member Shiggins.

Jul 3, 2006 at 11:08 AM Post #6 of 58
Ummm, for those using their own photos and artwork, it's completely 100% cool to post your desktop wallpapers, however, the OP should be aware that his artwork has been replaced with a nice message from the author about deep linking to his site, and about sharing licensed material.

If you post something like that on another site without the author's permission, that's called "ripping." Depending on who made the wallpaper, it's probably copyrighted, which would be a violation of Head-fi's terms of use as well.

Copyrighted or not, it's extremely bad ettitquette. If you want people to see your cool desktop, post a screenshot instead, with a link to where you got the wallpaper.

Jul 3, 2006 at 12:53 PM Post #7 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong
Ummm, for those using their own photos and artwork, it's completely 100% cool to post your desktop wallpapers, however, the OP should be aware that his artwork has been replaced with a nice message from the author about deep linking to his site, and about sharing licensed material.

If you post something like that on another site without the author's permission, that's called "ripping." Depending on who made the wallpaper, it's probably copyrighted, which would be a violation of Head-fi's terms of use as well.

Copyrighted or not, it's extremely bad ettitquette. If you want people to see your cool desktop, post a screenshot instead, with a link to where you got the wallpaper.

Agreed, don't be a filthy leecher, just upload the pic for free onto ImageShack, or Photobucket, or a similar service.

EDIT: 600th Post! Woo!

Jul 3, 2006 at 1:56 PM Post #8 of 58
Ok, I don't know why this is such a difficult idea for people to grasp, but let me try again:

Yes, leeching is bad, but posting the image on another server wouldn't be any better. In this case, the author's message states it's copyrighted. You can't post copyrighted material anywhere without the author's consent.

Secondly, it's against Head-fi's term's of use, see the author could find this pic, and complain very loudly to Jude.

But even if it weren't copyrighted, it's still very bad form to post it for download without the author's consent. On reputable customization sites like wincustomize for instance, if you don't have a text file with the author's permission in it, you'll get the banhammer so fast it'll make your head spin.

See, someone actually made that picture you're using, and to find it for download on sites without your consent is just plain rude in some cases, and a copyright violation in others. It's known as "ripping."

Jul 3, 2006 at 4:38 PM Post #11 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by damayor521

IBM TimeZone Wallpaper, edited out the "IBM" part and resized to fit my notebook.

source: http://www.mocom.ru/Wallpapers/ibm.htm

lol.. i have that same wall paper
biggrin.gif

Jul 3, 2006 at 7:42 PM Post #12 of 58
Okiedokie, here's a few of mine:

The one I'm using currently with shapeshifter theme Eternal 1.2. Other programs and haxies I'm using include Dragthing, Cleardock and Windowshade. The wall can be found here:

screenshot.png

Same setup with Dashboard open:

screenshot1.png

A wallpaper I modified to look a bit nicer I think. The detail is tough to see at this small size though, but trust me, I think I did nice job fixing this one up. Original can be found here:

screenshot2.png

An oldie but a goodie that my husband did in PSP and 3dstudio max. He had a brainwave about a social comment about the internet that happened to also make a nice blue wallpaper. It can be downloaded from here.

screenshot3.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back