Share my pain
Apr 16, 2004 at 10:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

roncri

New Head-Fier
So I finally get everything set up at work.
All my CD's have been ripped at 320kbps using the LAME encoder.
I've got my Sen HD580's which I love. Even with glasses I can wear them for hours at a time with no discomfort.
I'm using a USB Sonica as my sound card and then my friend lets me borrow his Supreme Headroom.

Bliss lasted three days. I came in and found my HD580's gone. Someone had stolen them during the night.

I am so frickin pissed right now. I had been saving up to get a PiMeta but now I have to replace the headphones first.

Sorry to rant but I figured that this group would at least understand my pain.

-Ron

Apr 16, 2004 at 10:10 PM Post #2 of 30
Dude, that sucks man. I just recently had my Shure E2c's stolen, they were sitting on my desk in class, I went to the bathroom, came back and they were gone. I find it kind of strange that someone would steal something that has been in my ear canals, and put them in theirs, but whatever.

Apr 16, 2004 at 10:15 PM Post #3 of 30
I am truly sorry. I know how much it sucks to get stuff stolen, but your headphones?!?!? That's really low. I wonder what kind of person steals headphones. Really...high end headphones are a niche product.

Apr 16, 2004 at 10:17 PM Post #4 of 30
Quote:

Originally posted by roncri
So I finally get everything set up at work.
All my CD's have been ripped at 320kbps using the LAME encoder.
I've got my Sen HD580's which I love. Even with glasses I can wear them for hours at a time with no discomfort.
I'm using a USB Sonica as my sound card and then my friend lets me borrow his Supreme Headroom.

Bliss lasted three days. I came in and found my HD580's gone. Someone had stolen them during the night.

I am so frickin pissed right now. I had been saving up to get a PiMeta but now I have to replace the headphones first.

Sorry to rant but I figured that this group would at least understand my pain.

-Ron

eek.gif

Ouch, man. Well hey, maybe you could find a deal on a pair of HD600s instead. If the police ever locate your 580s, you'd have both around to enjoy.
580smile.gif
600smile.gif

Apr 16, 2004 at 10:20 PM Post #5 of 30
The only thing I'm grateful for is that they didn't take the Supreme Headroom my friend loaned me that they were plugged into. Obviously this person just saw headphones and took them. Had they been one of us they would have grabbed the amp at the same time. Of course one of us wouldn't have deprived a fellow music lover of their headphones in the first place.

Apr 16, 2004 at 10:32 PM Post #7 of 30
At least you have use them. My Shure E3C that I bought from one of the head-fier here got stolen before I even take a glance of the package.

The postman left the package at the front door, this so damn dumb considering there's like ~10 people walk passed my front door per hour.

frown.gif

Apr 16, 2004 at 10:36 PM Post #8 of 30
Quote:

Originally posted by Prince
At least you have use them. My Shure E3C that I bought from one of the head-fier here got stolen before I even take a glance of the package.

The postman left the package at the front door, this so damn dumb considering there's like ~10 people walk passed my front door per hour.

frown.gif

frown.gif
I am sad for you

Apr 16, 2004 at 11:21 PM Post #11 of 30
I don't know man, people who don't lock up their stuff rarely gets sympathy from me. I mean, you do have a desk w/ a draw w/ a lock right? I have a Logitech MX Duo set at work and even though I lock the door of my office when I leave, I still put my MX Duo set in a locked draw.

You're lucky I didn't come by and steal your whole setup.

Apr 16, 2004 at 11:24 PM Post #12 of 30
Stealing at work is crazy. Has this happened before to other coworkers?

This was problematic where I used to work so I never left anything outside. And I'm talking bad. I heard somebody took a CRT projector. That's hardcore because it weighs like 200lbs!

Apr 16, 2004 at 11:29 PM Post #13 of 30
Back in my college time, there are some students that stole projector from class rooms.

And my school bag got stolen once in library when I was going to the restroom. Now I am rather hold it till my stuff finished then get everything with me to the restroom
tongue.gif

.she bangs!

Apr 16, 2004 at 11:34 PM Post #14 of 30
I wonder if the guy even realized what he was getting. I'm probably a little complacent at work (we have pretty tight security)--I leave my ipod, shure e5s, etys and XP7 laying around my office.

Apr 16, 2004 at 11:35 PM Post #15 of 30
As a matter of fact, no, I don't have a locking drawer. For that matter, we couldn't even close the door to the office since they crammed so many of us in that the door was blocked from closing by one of the desk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back