Shanling UP4 & UP2 - Bluetooth 5.0 DAC/AMP with ES9218P, balanced output, supporting LDAC, HWA LHDC, aptX HD, aptX Low Latency, aptX and AAC.
May 12, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #91 of 1,460
My question was probably off topic, given that this is the thread of a specific Shanling device.

Lossless wireless audio on-the-go is probably the goal of Shanling, FiiO and many others. LDAC is already pretty damn close to red book. We have no headphone jacks in mobile phones anymore. I bet these companies will get to that level of wireless audio quality and range sooner than later.

Cheers.

May 12, 2019 at 2:05 PM Post #93 of 1,460
I'm in the hunt for a PC USB device that works as a soundcard and send audio through BT5.0 with LDAC/AptX HD.
Do you know of any?

M0 does ldac but not aptx hd. usb to bt and vice versa. Doesn't have adc of any description, tho

Let's keep this about UP2. I too am guilty of the derailment, i know

May 12, 2019 at 2:29 PM Post #94 of 1,460
I'm in the hunt for a PC USB device that works as a soundcard and send audio through BT5.0 with LDAC/AptX HD.
Do you know of any?

The Avantree you referred to seems to work that way, although lacking LDAC.

If your PC has optical out you could also search for “adapters” like this one:
https://aliexpress.com/item/32976494309.html
Again, I think you will be missing LDAC. But at least you don’t need to be dealing with drivers...

Last edited:
May 12, 2019 at 2:40 PM Post #95 of 1,460
The Avantree you referred to seems to work that way, although lacking LDAC.

If your PC has optical out you could also search for “adapters” like this one:
https://aliexpress.com/item/32976494309.html
Again, I think you will be missing LDAC. But at least you don’t need to be dealing with drivers...
The Avantree also seems to be just a transmitter with No DAC. Just BT 5.0 and codecs

May 12, 2019 at 11:00 PM Post #97 of 1,460
Is there any updates on the release of the UP2?? Just got the earstudio ES100 which opened my eyes to a beautiful world of quality wireless with IEMS. Now i am looking for something might be a little nicer and using a better dac ship. Not saying the ear studio isn't amazing, that app is worth a large portion of the cost alone.

May 12, 2019 at 11:45 PM Post #98 of 1,460
Is there any updates on the release of the UP2?? Just got the earstudio ES100 which opened my eyes to a beautiful world of quality wireless with IEMS. Now i am looking for something might be a little nicer and using a better dac ship. Not saying the ear studio isn't amazing, that app is worth a large portion of the cost alone.

Pre-order for UP2 has just started in China last weekend. However, FiiO also just announced BTR5 with 3.5mm single-ended and 2.5mm balanced output yesterday. This is gonna be a tight race.

May 13, 2019 at 1:38 AM Post #101 of 1,460
Where did you see that announcement? Having issues finding any info on it.

A teaser announcement was posted on erji.net by FiiO. So far besides knowing that it has (1) both single-ended and balanced output, (2) plenty of output power (>100mW on balanced) plus (3) dual DAC setup, there isn't anything else we know of. Not even how it looks, what price or when it will be released.

May 13, 2019 at 1:47 AM Post #102 of 1,460
A teaser announcement was posted on erji.net by FiiO. So far besides knowing that it has (1) both single-ended and balanced output, (2) plenty of output power (>100mW on balanced) plus (3) dual DAC setup, there isn't anything else we know of. Not even how it looks, what price or when it will be released.

I was able to find that teaser video on a Asian site. Hmmm i wonder if it will be a more modern dac like the AK4490 or AK4493. I plan on buying the FiiO Q5s when they release it and their new FH7. Might have to see what this new BTR5 is about when they finally release it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back