Shanling UA1 & UA2 - New line of portable DAC/AMP adapters
Jul 29, 2021 at 4:43 PM Post #241 of 378
I tried the previous firmware as well with the ASIO drivers included inside and it was basically the same, colors never changed. Unless you are talking about 2-3 versions before.
I used the one before the latest. Did you monitor the output from the program (the name escapes me) that resides in the notification area? FLAC is the easiest, does not require SACD settings. Output device ASIO, play file, should switch. If you are using foo_dsd_asio, then go to ASIO right under Output (in settings), double click on foo_dsd_asio, pick which device you want it to send to. Dunno if I can do better than this without knowing exactly what you did.

Jul 29, 2021 at 6:00 PM Post #242 of 378
I used the one before the latest. Did you monitor the output from the program (the name escapes me) that resides in the notification area? FLAC is the easiest, does not require SACD settings. Output device ASIO, play file, should switch. If you are using foo_dsd_asio, then go to ASIO right under Output (in settings), double click on foo_dsd_asio, pick which device you want it to send to. Dunno if I can do better than this without knowing exactly what you did.
Alright, so I added again both the SACD and the foo_dsd to my foobar AND IT WORKS. Thanks a lot for your kind help.

Now I need to figure this out on some other apps like AIMP and such.

Aug 13, 2021 at 5:01 AM Post #243 of 378
Shanling UA1 Pro will be available in two designs, pick either our standard matte black or extra shiny chrome plated version.

Black variant MSRP 49 USD/Euro

Chrome variant 55 USD/Euro

UA1 Pro slowly started shipping to our international distributors, please check with them regarding availability.

UA1P SQ.jpg

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Aug 25, 2021 at 10:19 AM Post #244 of 378
First of all, thank you for the great hardware, it is really a nice piece of tech for the price. I have an UA2 and I am very happy with the hardware.

But I am too experiencing issues with the Windows driver. It being the following: If I leave my computer for some minutes or stop the music and leave it silent, then the DAC stops responding and producing sound. The only way I found to "reset" the DAC without unplugging it is to change the bitrate under device properties.

I tried to disable USB power saving management to see if it was putting the device to sleep, but it didn't help.

I'm using the July 22, 2021 driver and I tested this with various cables and USB ports, from C, to 3.1, 3.0 and 2.0.

Also this only happens on Windows, but not on Linux, so I'm pretty sure it is driver related.

I hope this information helps you to improve the driver in some way.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that opening an audio player (like foobar) that is configured to make exclusive use of the device also "brings it back to life". So I wonder if this is related to the internal Windows mux.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2021 at 5:14 AM Post #245 of 378
Hello,
I just bought a UA2 and I marvel at the sound quality produced by this baby. From my observations, it seems that Huawei P30 Pro phone has problems with dongle recognition. It connects properly every 4-5 times.
Edit: Uninstallation of an app IBasso UAC has solved the problem with connection (Inhave used it for Ibasso DC02 dongle)

Windows driver - unfortunately it is quiet and has frequent sound jams. In my case, installing USB driver version 5.20 helped. It fixed both of these problems despite being dedicated to players rather than UA1/UA2.

Regards,
TM

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2021 at 6:47 AM Post #246 of 378
Hello,
I just bought a UA2 and I marvel at the sound quality produced by this baby. From my observations, it seems that Huawei P30 Pro phone has problems with dongle recognition. It connects properly every 4-5 times.
Edit: Uninstallation of an app IBasso UAC has solved the problem with connection (Inhave used it for Ibasso DC02 dongle)

Windows driver - unfortunately it is quiet and has frequent sound jams. In my case, installing USB driver version 5.20 helped. It fixed both of these problems despite being dedicated to players rather than UA1/UA2.

Regards,
TM
How can you use 5.20 for UA2? Tried to install and for Windows to use that driver. This resulted in "Device cannot start"

Aug 29, 2021 at 7:43 AM Post #247 of 378
Actually, first I have installed the most new driver for UA2 and after poking around with it without succes, I have uninstalled it, and installed this 5.20 one. The only downside is that ASIO driver from 5.20 does not work. I have got into suspicion now that maybe there actually not 5.20 but is rather generic Microsoft driver for USB audio, but in a settings I've got full range of sound resolution upto 32 bit/384kHz. Since it plays free of glitches this is my way to go before we get stabile driver/firmware from Shanling.

Aug 29, 2021 at 12:03 PM Post #248 of 378
Actually, first I have installed the most new driver for UA2 and after poking around with it without succes, I have uninstalled it, and installed this 5.20 one. The only downside is that ASIO driver from 5.20 does not work. I have got into suspicion now that maybe there actually not 5.20 but is rather generic Microsoft driver for USB audio, but in a settings I've got full range of sound resolution upto 32 bit/384kHz. Since it plays free of glitches this is my way to go before we get stabile driver/firmware from Shanling.
Thanks, will try to uninstall the "old" driver. If ASIO doesn't work, maybe you should try WASAPI since the default Windows driver doesn't have ASIO but has WASAPI

Aug 29, 2021 at 10:22 PM Post #249 of 378
Hello,

Regards,
TM

Interesting, will definitely try to have a look at this.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Aug 29, 2021 at 11:47 PM Post #250 of 378
Can you check again to make sure that you are using the 5.20 driver for the UA2, not the generic driver from Microsoft? I uninstall the new drive, force Windows to use the 5.20 and still "This device cannot start"

Sep 4, 2021 at 6:03 AM Post #253 of 378
I was looking into buying the UA2. Does anybody know if the android Tidal app can play bit-perfect music using UA2 via type-c?

If you are willing to test, just open Tidal on an android phone (not DAP) and connect the UA2. It should prompt a message which is asking Tidal to use the Shanling ua2 for audio source. After this, the audio should be playing in the right bitrate without android resampling them. I tried the Lotoo Paw S1, but even after Tidal asked permission and I gave it, the audio was all static, which forced me to return it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sep 4, 2021 at 6:20 AM Post #254 of 378
I can only confirm that Tidal asks about allowing to use usb device, and plays music, shows signs "hifi" of "master", but I don’t know how to check bitrate of actually played music. And I stll have problems with recognition of Shanling UA2 by Huawei, it does not happen every time.

Regards,
TM

Sep 4, 2021 at 6:22 AM Post #255 of 378
I can only confirm that Tidal asks about allowing to use usb device, and plays music, shows signs "hifi" of "master", but I don’t know how to check bitrate of actually played music. And I stll have problems with recognition of Shanling UA2 by Huawei, it does not happen every time.

Regards,
TM
Do you hear any difference between the music played without allowing Tidal access and when you do allow it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back