Shanling UA1 & UA2 - New line of portable DAC/AMP adapters
Mar 2, 2022 at 12:31 PM Post #317 of 378
Chill. Shanling is one of the best companies in the world.
You should read the history of this thread.

I agree shanling was once a reputable company, i have 2 up4s and a ua2. My experience with the ua2 has soured any favoritism of shanling and i wont ever buy another shanling product.

There are alot of people who are having problems with their device since Jan2021 and all they keep repeating is that they are working on it or we are aware of this problem or we are not aware of this problem.

I think one or maybe two driver updates were released since these became available that did absolutely nothing to fix any of the problems, also there are no release notes, who updates a driver with no release notes?
Our software team is still working on the fix for UA2, they expect it could be released during spring, as more testing is needed for it.
More testing is needed on products that were released over a year? If there's no release by spring or if it doesn't fix the problems, can i get a refund?

Mar 2, 2022 at 1:28 PM Post #318 of 378
You should read the history of this thread.

I agree shanling was once a reputable company, i have 2 up4s and a ua2. My experience with the ua2 has soured any favoritism of shanling and i wont ever buy another shanling product.

There are alot of people who are having problems with their device since Jan2021 and all they keep repeating is that they are working on it or we are aware of this problem or we are not aware of this problem.

I think one or maybe two driver updates were released since these became available that did absolutely nothing to fix any of the problems, also there are no release notes, who updates a driver with no release notes?

More testing is needed on products that were released over a year? If there's no release by spring or if it doesn't fix the problems, can i get a refund?
I own a Shanling M0 and Q1 with zero product issues. Did you buy phone dongles? Maybe its harder to implement a dongle vs a DAP because of the technological conflicts that could be had with a cell phone.

Even if a dongle has a problem with the connection or perhaps synergy with another device (a phone), a person may chock it up to bad sound quality or something.

Sorry for not reading the whole thread. Whats your problem exactly? Or which post on HeadFi is the start of it?

If you're not getting any verbal communication on what anybody has done to rectify the situation, there could be many reasons for that. One as you said, is they did nothing to try or weren't able to solve it so they didn't write the specifics down.

There could also be some insider knowledge they don't want to leak, embarrassment or any million other reasons.

I think you're unaware of how ChiFi works. You buy a product and you have a short window of time to investigate the product and then you file a complaint on Aliexpress.

If later issues arise it's complicated for the company itself to figure those out unless they caused them directly which is when they'll do a recall. Only large companies do recalls unless they're forced by a political body like a government.

You have to remember when you're dealing with a company in another country that if you don't file a complaint within that two week window on Aliexpress, your money is gone.

Shanling isn't the first ChiFi company to have problems with their products just like the other thousands of other companies that have had similar problems.

You're allowed to boycott spending your money with any person, company, country or on any thing (like bottled water), It's your money.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2022 at 1:51 PM Post #320 of 378
I own a Shanling M0 and Q1 with zero product issues. Did you buy phone dongles? Maybe its harder to implement a dongle vs a DAP because of the technological conflicts that could be had with a cell phone.

Even if a dongle has a problem with the connection or perhaps synergy with another device (a phone), a person may chock it up to bad sound quality or something.

Sorry for not reading the whole thread. Whats your problem exactly? Or which post on HeadFi is the start of it?

If you're not getting any verbal communication on what anybody has done to rectify the situation, there could be many reasons for that. One as you said, is they did nothing to try or weren't able to solve it so they didn't write the specifics down.

There could also be some insider knowledge they don't want to leak, embarrassment or any million other reasons.

I think you're unaware of how ChiFi works. You buy a product and you have a short window of time to investigate the product and then you file a complaint on Aliexpress.

If later issues arise it's complicated for the company itself to figure those out unless they caused them directly which is when they'll do a recall. Only large companies do recalls unless they're forced by a political body like a government.

You have to remember when you're dealing with a company in another country that if you don't file a complaint within that two week window on Aliexpress, your money is gone.

Shanling isn't the first ChiFi company to have problems with their products just like the other thousands of other companies that have had similar problems.

You're allowed to boycott spending your money with any person, company or on any thing. It's your money.
You really need to read the history to gauge the poor support and lack effort by shanling to do anything about this product.

If shanling fancies themselves an "aliexpress" product, they'll get no argument from me.

They know there's alot of problems with this device. If you go thru the history you can see how many people are reporting problems and zero effort from shanling to address it. ie, no release notes on driver updates.

They promise to look into it meanwhile there's been one driver update in the past year that did nothing and they're busy cranking out all kinds of other products.

I would have returned mine in the 30 day return period but i trusted shanling from their previous reputation to fix the problems as promised. So now I'm stuck with a an $85 POS dongle that doesn't work right and i don't feel comfortable selling it to dump on someone else.

At this point I'm sure they knew the problems with the device before they released it, perhaps it had something to do with the sudden change from akm to ess chip due to the fire, who knows. Either that or they barely did any qc testing on the device.

Mar 2, 2022 at 1:58 PM Post #321 of 378
You really need to read the history to gauge the poor support and lack effort by shanling to do anything about this product.

If shanling fancies themselves an "aliexpress" product, they'll get no argument from me.

They know there's alot of problems with this device. If you go thru the history you can see how many people are reporting problems and zero effort from shanling to address it. ie, no release notes on driver updates.

They promise to look into it meanwhile there's been one driver update in the past year that did nothing and they're busy cranking out all kinds of other products.

I would have returned mine in the 30 day return period but i trusted shanling from their previous reputation to fix the problems as promised. So now I'm stuck with a an $85 POS dongle that doesn't work right and i don't feel comfortable selling it to dump on someone else.

At this point I'm sure they knew the problems with the device before they released it, perhaps it had something to do with the sudden change from akm to ess chip due to the fire, who knows. Either that or they barely did any qc testing on the device.
I wish people would stop talking about the "problems" and tell me directly what they are. In a paragraph or two sentences. How do you expect others to understand what's going on? Yes, you're going to have to do it again and again to who ever asks.

People don't start reading at the start of the thread. We start at the end and go thru the past history of posts that way, to the start.

I'm signing out of this thread. I hope you find your solutions and since I don't plan on buying the UA1 or UA2, there's no point being here.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2022 at 2:46 PM Post #322 of 378
Guess what happened to me recently?

I bought a used iPhone and so far I have not been able to get it to work. I may have lost $125USD.

Am I going to spend years whining about how I lost money?

No, I just won't buy another used iPhone.

I suggest you guys either move on or place info in every signature of your posts explaining what happened so people can understand easier.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2022 at 3:10 PM Post #323 of 378
Guess what happened to me recently?

I bought a used iPhone and so far I have not been able to get it to work. I may have lost $125USD.

Am I going to spend years whining about how I lost money?

No, I just won't buy another used iPhone.

I suggest you guys either move on or place info in every signature of your posts explaining what happened so people can understand easier.
Lol I'll remember you said that for future reference when you have a problem with something.

Not sure why you're here either?

You seem to be here to dump on people who got ripped off.

Tired of hearing your whining about something you don't plan on buying or even know anything about. No one asked about your opinion.

Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.
:peace:

Mar 2, 2022 at 3:59 PM Post #324 of 378
Lol I'll remember you said that for future reference when you have a problem with something.

Not sure why you're here either?

You seem to be here to dump on people who got ripped off.

Tired of hearing your whining about something you don't plan on buying or even know anything about. No one asked about your opinion.

Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.
:peace:
I was here to look into the future possibility of buying the Shanling products.

I just joined the conversation confused of the defects as the information was nowhere to be found...easily.

Do you really expect people to read through all the posts without a brief statement of stating what's wrong to see if it's important for them to do so?

Mar 2, 2022 at 7:29 PM Post #325 of 378

I just joined the conversation confused of the defects as the information was nowhere to be found...easily.

Do you really expect people to read through all the posts without a brief statement of stating what's wrong to see if it's important for them to do so?
If you're going to antagonize the people here for being annoyed with the level of support received from Shanling, then yes I do expect you to know why they're annoyed.

I was in the same boat as you, I was a fan of shanling products. Like I said I have 2 up4s, which btw are great, they function way better than the UA2 but those also have their own software "quircks". Their products are great when they function properly. The Shanling hardware is excellent, build quality, specs, sound are usually on point but their problem is the software. Not just on the UA2 but small issues with the up4 that I've experienced , very few updates on that device as well, about 4 years from date of purchase to get car mode on that one (it was promised to be implemented "very soon", then after a few years they just said nah we're not doing it, then all of sudden it popped up one of the updates.

From some others I know who have their DAPs, they also mentioned minor software issues. Nothing major like with the UA2 but it doesn't reflect a positive image for their brand.

Theres valuable info in this thread of how well Shanling is responding to all of the complaints in this thread, and there are alot.

These are the most common responses from the rep,

- we are aware of the issue
- we are not aware of the issue
- we are researching this issue

Never any updates on those previously reported issues.

They really dropped the ball with the UA2. To me, this experience has soured image of the entire brand.

Mar 2, 2022 at 8:03 PM Post #326 of 378

It has nothing to do with DAC, it's on the side of USB controller and Drivers. Unfortunately it's not a simple issue that would show on each system, it shows quite randomly. Making it problematic to fix.

@LaughMoreDaily The issue is, that on certain Windows computers there are issues with smooth playback. It can have moments of muted sound or needing reconnecting to restart playback.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Mar 2, 2022 at 8:58 PM Post #327 of 378
It has nothing to do with DAC, it's on the side of USB controller and Drivers. Unfortunately it's not a simple issue that would show on each system, it shows quite randomly. Making it problematic to fix.

@LaughMoreDaily The issue is, that on certain Windows computers there are issues with smooth playback. It can have moments of muted sound or needing reconnecting to restart playback.
Well anyways here is what I have to say regarding your UA2. It works on android phones flawlessly, It doesnt work on my ios products but maybe that is because of my cable i dont know but funny enough it works on my macbook. On windows 10 it is utterly horrible. I have 3 windows device, 1 PC, 1 lenovo laptop and 1 MSI gaming laptop. The problem shows up on all of my windows devices. I purchased the UA2 because i want to bring it with me to the office but so far, I have been using my FiiO Q3 because of the frequent disconnection issues...@Shanling , please get this fixed.. I actually do love your product WHEN IT IS WORKING.

Mar 2, 2022 at 9:25 PM Post #328 of 378
Well anyways here is what I have to say regarding your UA2. It works on android phones flawlessly, It doesnt work on my ios products but maybe that is because of my cable i dont know but funny enough it works on my macbook. On windows 10 it is utterly horrible. I have 3 windows device, 1 PC, 1 lenovo laptop and 1 MSI gaming laptop. The problem shows up on all of my windows devices. I purchased the UA2 because i want to bring it with me to the office but so far, I have been using my FiiO Q3 because of the frequent disconnection issues...@Shanling , please get this fixed.. I actually do love your product WHEN IT IS WORKING.
We keep saying to Shanling to get something fixed but maybe it's an IOS or windows problem. Maybe there is no solution.

The good thing that's going to come out of this is that Shanling will probably test their new products with all technological devices before they release another one.

Shanling has been releasing electronic products for ages and things happen, whether it's Shanlings mistake or the fact that other companies devices are more complicated to try and create a device for.

I've bought a million extra audio cables for my earphones and XINHS is the only company so far whose cables I have faith in. NICEHCK second.

Am I going to complain to the earphone companies about making products that don't work with other brands cables? No. Am I going to complain to the wire companies about making audio wire that doesn't sound amazing with every earphone in the marketplace? No.

You guys should be happy that Shanling is actually giving you a forum to state your grievances that they can think about and work on. They care about you.

Let your comments be known, boycott them or not if you must but don't go too far in hurting how they feel about their consumers or maybe they will start releasing products without asking us for help.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2022 at 7:22 AM Post #329 of 378

Chill, bro. It's not our problem whether or not you're willing to go back and read previous posts. Shanling answered the question precisely to the point, which means they understood the question and the issue being referred to. So there's nothing wrong with the question.

I guess life isn't just about "laughing more daily." There's something to be said about not thinking the world revolves around you. You're only the protagonist in your own story.

Mar 15, 2022 at 10:59 PM Post #330 of 378
Shanling UA2 Firmware V1.92.11 Update

Optimized performance for more stable connection with range of smartphones and computers.

How to update:

Download the zip file and follow included instructions.

Download update from Google Drive

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back