Shanling M5 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Nov 15, 2016 at 2:08 AM Post #811 of 1,112
That's what I did and it had no effect. I was concerned yesterday when it just shut down for no reason. I had been charging it and it was fully charged when it shut down. In order to restart it I had to plug the usb charging port in to get it to power up. So I'm baffled as to why it will not read a card it has been reading since July.

Nov 15, 2016 at 3:19 AM Post #812 of 1,112
  That's what I did and it had no effect. I was concerned yesterday when it just shut down for no reason. I had been charging it and it was fully charged when it shut down. In order to restart it I had to plug the usb charging port in to get it to power up. So I'm baffled as to why it will not read a card it has been reading since July.

Dear ncristia, 

Please make sure

1. Your card is in FAT32 format
2. Your card is working well, you could try another card 
3. If 1 and 2 is check, then we have to consider the possibility of the card slot broken. 

Thanks. 

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Nov 15, 2016 at 7:38 PM Post #816 of 1,112
Sorry for my delay.. I've been on a bit of a Head-Fi hiatus. I've been moving from Virginia to North Carolina. I started a new position with a new company. I haven't had much time on my hands.

So, back to the original reason I'm here.
Tried different card and it's working. Will try reformatting non working card. Thank you @golov17 and Shanling for your quick responses

I have that issue randomly from time to time.. Try putting the sdcard in and then taking it out a couple times till it recognizes it.. Not sure what causes it, as it also happens on my M2, actually there is definitely something wrong with my M2, but again, I regress. If it doesn't recognize it, try powering it down and powering it back up and try it again a couple times.. If it still doesn't recognize it, then you may have bent one of the pins inside the sdcard slot. Sorry to hear that, if that is the case. If it isn't hopefully @Shanling can help you out with their Warranty.

Nov 26, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #818 of 1,112

Thanks!

Update diary:

1.Added replay gain function, avoid manual volume adjustment while playing soundtracks with different producing standards.

2.Added flip over function, press or hold the forward/backward button to flip over to the next/previous page in any interface, increasing the efficiency of browsing.

Nov 26, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #820 of 1,112
Actually, much more was changed/added. Here's the complete update diary from the read me .doc file in the download:

Update diary:
1.Added replay gain function, avoid manual volume adjustment while playing soundtracks with different producing standards.
2.Added flip over function, press or hold the forward/backward button to flip over to the next/previous page in any interface, increasing the efficiency of browsing.
3.Initial setting of Default Volume is changed from “off” to break point memory.
4.Improving Screen Locked Operation, adding Shut Off, Only Volume Adjusting, Only Skipping, Volume Adjusting and Skipping and some more selection.
5.Adding the selection of Wake Up by Confirm button.
6.Rolling now can be continuously cycling in the menu.
7.Auto switch back to playing interface, which time can be set in settings.
8.Hold the confirm button in playing interface to call out playing setup and system setup menu.
9.Adding Digital Filter selection, offering different filtering styles.
10.All music in My favorite can be deleted in one time.
11.Lower down the minimum brightness, for bettering experience at night.
12.Adding Recent Playing in My music.
13.Adding TF card format function.
14.Break Point Memory will not be active without headphone plugged, in case of mistakenly playing.
15.Adding Auto Updating selection, according the habit of different individuals.
16.Debug and better stability.

Nov 26, 2016 at 3:11 PM Post #823 of 1,112
Indeed! Thank you Shanling!

I really like #7: Auto switch back to playing interface, which time can be set in settings, because there is now an "Off" setting!

Before, it was quite annoying when adjusting EQ settings to have it constantly switch back to the now playing screen.

I also like #4 where both volume adjusting and track skipping can be set to work while the screen is off.

Nov 27, 2016 at 12:56 AM Post #824 of 1,112
Nice, but the only thing I really wanted was the ability to change the volume by increments of 5 or 10 instead of just 1. When i switch iems/phones or using as dac or dap, It takes forever to scroll to a much different volume. Hopefully this gets added eventually.

Nov 27, 2016 at 1:22 AM Post #825 of 1,112
Shanling, Add supporting Thai TAG and language for m2,m3,m5 please!!
15271846_1224070567687420_4013188919136976730_o.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back