Shanling M5 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Nov 7, 2016 at 11:30 PM Post #796 of 1,112
How does this compare to the Cayin i5? Am asking because I am contemplating my first DAP purchase. Some comparison with the Shanling m1 would also be appreciated. I mean, the m1 is cheaper (A plus) but lacks native DSD encoding (Not sure how big of a minus), so this is something I'd like to know more on.

I've heard all three and like M5 best for its full, smooth sound in a relatively light, easily pocketable body. I like i5 best for user interface and the ability to stream music. I like M1 for ultimate portability and as a transport.

Nov 8, 2016 at 1:35 AM Post #797 of 1,112
Congrats, after burn much better :innocent:

Thanks! Can't wait!

It's just playing with the IEMs plugged in... 
biggrin.gif

Nov 13, 2016 at 9:14 AM Post #802 of 1,112
Hey there, sorry if this might have been covered earlier:

Will the M5 work as a DSD dac via USB from desktop/laptop computer? On Shanling's web page, it says that as a DAC, the M5 supports "up to 384KHZ/32BIT" but no mention of DSD.

Nov 15, 2016 at 12:50 AM Post #803 of 1,112
Hi,
All of a sudden after months of flawless playback M5 is saying TF card not found. Have reset, restore factory settings and card will not read. I'm at work with no additional cards to try. Using firmware 1.1 with no other issues. Player did shut down last night but seemed ok after. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance for any help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back