Shanling M5 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Sep 18, 2016 at 7:19 PM Post #679 of 1,112
cool.gif
Nik, I got to tell you I REALLY like this Shanling M5. The UI has traces of being glitchy but nothing deal breaking. THE SOUND is phenomenal. I have it paired with the AUNE B1 class A Amp and with the Low Distortion and high SNR of the B1 it is just amazing. My only caveat with this settup is that I wish the B1 had the power of my E12 Fiio. But that aside, in an A/B comparison, it simply slays the Fiio X3ii or XDuoo (rockboxed) / E12 Combination.

This Shanling stuff is outstanding.

JMHO

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Sep 22, 2016 at 9:29 AM Post #683 of 1,112
The M5 is back up on Massdrop with a lower final drop price than I paid! *grumble grumble*

Sep 22, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #684 of 1,112
  The M5 is back up on Massdrop with a lower final drop price than I paid! *grumble grumble*

True the price is lower, but you have yours now and don't have to wait 113 weeks until it delivers.

Truth, I love Massdrop and what they do, I am just a wildly impatient person.

Sep 22, 2016 at 12:48 PM Post #685 of 1,112
  True the price is lower, but you have yours now and don't have to wait 113 weeks until it delivers.

Truth, I love Massdrop and what they do, I am just a wildly impatient person.

Unlike the Fostex TH-X00 Purpleheart or Ebony, the wait time for the Shanling is a merciful 1 month. That said, (other than the sketchy MicroSD USB passthru) I'm super happy with my M5.

I do hope Shanling provides an update to the operating system eventually. Is that even a thing the company usually does?

Sep 22, 2016 at 6:18 PM Post #687 of 1,112
Curious as to how good this is. The M2 was quite vibrant with resolution (with flc8s). The m3 was king if natural with convincing weight and refined decay (with Zen 2.0).

How does M5 surpass these two in particular aside the better bass that I hear about)?

Sep 22, 2016 at 11:05 PM Post #689 of 1,112
Curious as to how good this is. The M2 was quite vibrant with resolution (with flc8s). The m3 was king if natural with convincing weight and refined decay (with Zen 2.0).

How does M5 surpass these two in particular aside the better bass that I hear about)?

Think smooth, refined sound with good definition instead of vibrant sound with good definition and you're on the right track...

Sep 23, 2016 at 1:17 AM Post #690 of 1,112
this is crazy....I've never seen them do this before. It is a little unfair..I paid over $400 for mine on massdrop.

Call it aggressive marketing on their part.
mad.gif
 I rationalize it by saying we paid to be early adopters and taking a small risk paid off (so far). The upside is more people will be able to afford such a kickass DAP and a bigger user base means more software updates are likely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back