Shanling M5 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Sep 8, 2016 at 9:19 PM Post #605 of 1,112
Oh man. I got my M5 in today and I'm having ZERO luck getting a Micro SD card to read. Granted, I'm on a Mac but I even downloaded NTFS for Mac and still nothing. Anyone have any better experience with getting a properly formatted card from a Mac?

Sep 8, 2016 at 11:06 PM Post #606 of 1,112
Oh man. I got my M5 in today and I'm having ZERO luck getting a Micro SD card to read. Granted, I'm on a Mac but I even downloaded NTFS for Mac and still nothing. Anyone have any better experience with getting a properly formatted card from a Mac?

The card has to be formatted Fat32. I'm not sure how to do that on a Mac.

Sep 9, 2016 at 2:46 AM Post #610 of 1,112
Didn't work as in you couldn't format your card in FAT32 format? If so, that's pretty weird, as I've done it many times and used in various DAPs without any issues.

No, the card is formatted but the M5 won't recognize it. I know how to erase a drive. Hahaha.

Sep 9, 2016 at 11:14 AM Post #612 of 1,112
My initial instructions are for mmanolio, who specifically asked for how to format to FAT32 on a Mac.

Have you tried the official SD formatting tool PopZeus?

Gotcha. Yeah, I didn't even know there was an official SD formatting tool. I went to the website and it was all in Chinese so I tapped out. I'm assuming it's not available for Mac? It is possible but I will have trouble accessing a PC...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back