Shanling m3s questions
Aug 6, 2018 at 3:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Mhog55

Headphoneus Supremus
Haven't found any information that covers this - with the wheel dial, does it have a tendency to spin while the dap is in your pocket? I'm assuming one would lock the device while pocketed if this is an option, but does locking stop the wheel from making changes?
My 2nd question - is it worth the extra money over the m2s for the addition of balanced audio? I've read that there is not a big difference between balanced and single ended audio on this dap, a little cleaner with slightly better width and separation, so I'm assuming this isn't the best demonstration of what balanced audio offers. I don't listen to anything balanced at the moment, so I would need to source some cables.
I've also read that the m2s is a little more colored in it's sound, where as the m3s is more neutral and clean. Aside from the balanced option, the m3s also has an additional dac chip, and an additional amp chip that is dedicated to the balanced portion. Other than that, they are relatively the same, so I'm not sure which I want. Was hoping to hear from some users of the m3s as to what they think about the balanced audio in this dap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back