Shanling M3
Apr 12, 2015 at 5:55 AM Post #49 of 567
great to see a thread started on this DAP
I currently have this player along with the fiio x1, x3, Hidizs Ap100 and the shozy alien  and most cowon models (sold my fiio x5)
for anyone wondering how this compares it is a great sounding dap - only issue i have is that it is fairly large in comparison to the fiio and hidizs
The build quality is great and the sound is very good when using line out 
I have been using these players with my shanling ph300 and little dot mk IV as my reference and with a fiio E12 and cayin C5 portable set up

The M3 is very smooth sounding and it is very stable in terms of the firmware

I use this as a source to my main headphone amps and my favorite over ear headphones the ultrasone pro 2500 and the yamaha hph mt220 and portable headphones yamaha hph 200 and sennheiser momentum and amperior as the main listening experience

The only player i have that is better than the m3 in terms of sound quality is the shozy alien which is an incredible player (just not very good in other areas) and is on par with the ap100 but much better in build quality and stability

For anyone considering this player it is up to the shanling quality but it is a bit big to be considered a true portable solution

Apr 13, 2015 at 12:10 AM Post #50 of 567
  great to see a thread started on this DAP
I currently have this player along with the fiio x1, x3, Hidizs Ap100 and the shozy alien  and most cowon models (sold my fiio x5)
for anyone wondering how this compares it is a great sounding dap - only issue i have is that it is fairly large in comparison to the fiio and hidizs
The build quality is great and the sound is very good when using line out 
I have been using these players with my shanling ph300 and little dot mk IV as my reference and with a fiio E12 and cayin C5 portable set up

The M3 is very smooth sounding and it is very stable in terms of the firmware

I use this as a source to my main headphone amps and my favorite over ear headphones the ultrasone pro 2500 and the yamaha hph mt220 and portable headphones yamaha hph 200 and sennheiser momentum and amperior as the main listening experience

The only player i have that is better than the m3 in terms of sound quality is the shozy alien which is an incredible player (just not very good in other areas) and is on par with the ap100 but much better in build quality and stability

For anyone considering this player it is up to the shanling quality but it is a bit big to be considered a true portable solution

Fair comments about the size of this player. My solution to this small problem is to use a small shoulder bag, like a camera bag, as my transport solution as I don't like anything in my pockets anyway and also wear t-shirts often so this precludes pockets anyway. I also use it paired with my C5 headphone amp and this combo is certainly not pocket friendly. The small inconvenience of having a shoulder bag is more than compensated for by the superb sound quality and the convenience of having additional storage/carrying capacity for sunglasses, phone, camera, etc, etc.

Apr 15, 2015 at 4:52 AM Post #52 of 567
Listening to my M3 with my PH-300 amp using my HD650 cans and I must say that the results are great!
I am hearing nuances in the music that I hadn't noticed before and am enjoying the synergy of this system immensely.
Some pieces of gear just seem to complement one another so well and this is one combo that does. This is the first time I have used any source other than my files on my Mac and I am mighty impressed. Great buy this Shanling gear.

May 3, 2015 at 8:48 PM Post #53 of 567
Listening to my M3 with my PH-300 amp using my HD650 cans and I must say that the results are great!
I am hearing nuances in the music that I hadn't noticed before and am enjoying the synergy of this system immensely.
Some pieces of gear just seem to complement one another so well and this is one combo that does. This is the first time I have used any source other than my files on my Mac and I am mighty impressed. Great buy this Shanling gear.

I can't find PH300 for sale anywhere, only PH100. It seems that PH300 has already been stopped.

The difference between them is only on the tube?

May 26, 2015 at 10:59 PM Post #59 of 567
  While browsing file, hold the left button and there will be a menu. 

Great that's ok now 

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back