[Shanling M2s] font size, shuffling and sort order
May 18, 2018 at 10:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Micha0815

New Head-Fier
Hi everybody,

I own a brand new Shanling M2s device and try to get through it's features and have some questions about it...

1.) I'm no youngblood anymore - so my eyes are going to need some bigger font size; unfortunately it cannot be changed.
Am I missing something or can it really not be changed?
I saw in another thread that XVortex creates special firmware versions where the themes are editable.
Would it be possible to do with customization to a theme?
Has somebody already created new (advanced) themes for the M2s?

2.) I don't understand how the shuffling or even the playing of several title works
I want to shuffle e.g. over all songs of an specific artist (or over all songs of a specific album or...).
How can I do this?
I tried to play one title of an artist and expected it would then aferwards play the next title of that album - if shuffle is set by random order, otherwise in track order...
But it doesn't - it just repeats the same song.

Do I really have to add each and ever song which I want to play to a playlist?
Why isn't there any menu to add things to the "currently playing list" when long pressing on a folder (doesn't matter if it's in genre, album, artist or directory searching).
Or do I miss something?

3.) The sort order for files / songst etc. seems to be incorrect - at least in my oppinion :wink:
Numbers are sorted after the letters, e.g 0 after Z which for me is a bit strange (I sort my music in artist name directories under directories "0-C", "D-F", ... and the "0-C" should be the first one - but is the last...)
Also the German umlauts "äöü" are sorted after the "normal" letters - actually they should be sorted as if they'd have been written "ae" (=ä), "oe" (=ö), "ue" (=ü) - I'm sure the same happens for other languages (e.g. "é") as well.
Could that be changed by changing some setting in the "res" folder of XVortex' version?
It's a bit annyoing for me...

I'm so used to older devices (e.g. my old iPod classic) which are all "Rockbox"-ed devices and its extraordinary features that I'm always disappointed when I look at a brand new device and it misses some (for me) essential features...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back