Shanling M2 DAP
Jul 8, 2016 at 8:49 PM Post #916 of 1,348
  Thank you very much for your reply, however I could not find the mentioned Fiio thread :frowning2: Could you kindly help me to get the right one please ?

Also as I read from their user manual, M2 works best as a DAP for Window 8&10. Anyone has the same issue with the connection to PC/Laptop as a DAC for M2 ?

Finally I can fix this issue with M2, now it completely works with all of my devices

If anyone is having the same problem just go to their website and download the "M2 USB Driver" and install it to the computer. The tricky part is that after the installation finished they will pop up a window to ask you connect your device and set it in "DAC mode", then restart and click "Finish". If you could not complete those steps then probably the driver was not installed correctly.

Hope this can help all M2 user 
biggrin.gif

Jul 12, 2016 at 1:42 AM Post #918 of 1,348
I would compare them similar to Fiio X3ii (M2 in this case, clean, neutral, balance, extended sounding) and Fiio X3 Classic (Alien in this case, except, this is better, in natural, warm, engaging, smoother sounding).
I have not heard RE-262. But I would suggest go for M3 if you can. It is warmer, smoother, more powerful than M2 and I have no problem pairing it with my iems (fidue 83, dn2000, pinnacle P1, shozy zero, fad iv...). When comparing sound, I even rate M3 higher than alien. Again, ymmv....we all have different preferences.

I agree that the M3 is a very good sounding DAP, but the US is clunky compared to M2 and M5.

Jul 12, 2016 at 4:20 AM Post #920 of 1,348
nmatheis, I am actually in the market for a light weight DAP for sport use (<100g preferred, similar like my alien). Colorfly C3, Cowon Plenue D, Fiio M3, Xduoo X3 are the few that comes to mind. When lmue had the Shanling M2 heavily discounted, I must say that I was very tempted (despite it is a little heavier at 115g, but still a good form factor and portable). Honestly, I really tried very much wanted to settle on the M2 (very attractive discounted pricing). It has the look, the improved UI, a better multipurpose rotary button, the added features, etc etc. But I was left disappointed that the M2 did not wow me like the M3 when it comes to sound. Despite that, part of me has actually now regretted on my not getting the M2 (now that the offers are gone). I believe it is still a very fine DAP.

Jul 12, 2016 at 11:44 PM Post #921 of 1,348
Nice to see the Grey M2 on sale at Amazon. Mine should be here Friday, I'll post some initial impressions then. The only reputable headphones at my disposal right now are the 262 and HD598 but they very different sounding regardless of form factor so I should be able to come up with some good findings. Amps I currently have are Cayin C5, TTVJ Slim and JDS Labs C421 (AD8620).

Jul 14, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #924 of 1,348
Anyone stacking M2 with E12a?

I'm thinking of getting M2 and was wondering if it will go well with my E12a.

Jul 14, 2016 at 2:22 PM Post #925 of 1,348
  Anyone stacking M2 with E12a?

I'm thinking of getting M2 and was wondering if it will go well with my E12a.

Yes, they are amazing together.. In general, I usually don't though, however, they complement each other perfectly, (IMO), They have similar sound signatures, so there is no coloration. In addition the added benefit of lowering the Output Impedance, for those who are concerned about CIEMs and their Ultra low impedances. Only issue is the size differences, the M2 is very narrow, but the Bands that the E12A comes with works out just fine, due to the placement of the buttons and the screen.. I think for the price you can get both together, it's a no brainer. But of course, that's just me personally. I didn't like using the iBasso D14 with the M2, as it brightened up the sound too much. (For my equipment and personal sound preferences.)

Jul 15, 2016 at 3:43 AM Post #926 of 1,348
A new color of M2 will soon be launched-Sapphire Blue. 

And, recently we will offer a Theme Editing Tool for M2. See a sample for Pokemon Go below. Cheers!

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back