Shanling M2 DAP
Nov 26, 2015 at 2:36 PM Post #391 of 1,348
@h1f1add1cted

A correct German translation should be implemented with the next FW. 
wink.gif

Nov 26, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #393 of 1,348
Thanks ,i am just curious to know how sound  albums like : the Gift ,Protocols of zions ,transmigration of the magnus ,some books of angels (Vol 11 and the testament of solomon)

I am curious to know to the difference of sound with a Sony A15 ......(if u know or someone else ?)

whitch earphones are you using ? 

Nov 26, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #397 of 1,348
Is this question aimed at me, nmatheis?

Don't know what I should "show" about that firmwar translation in the Excel table (which I don't have on hand currently, sent it to Shanling via e-mail some time ago - gotta browse my mail folder and external memory sticks). Are you probably implying that you are able to speak/understand German? Would be somehow cool.

Nov 26, 2015 at 3:31 PM Post #398 of 1,348
  Is this question aimed at me, nmatheis?

Don't know what I should "show" about that firmwar translation in the Excel table (which I don't have on hand currently, sent it to Shanling via e-mail some time ago - gotta browse my mail folder and external memory sticks). Are you probably implying that you are able to speak/understand German? Would be somehow cool.

Oh, I was just wondering if you knew about any new features / bug fixes. That's all.

And I know a slight bit of German. My dad's family moved to the US when he was 3 years old. They only spoke German (Opa) and Hungarian (Oma) in their house. Sadly, my dad didn't teach me any. I had to learn it from a Danish woman while in high school. Consequently my accent is pretty bad. lol!

Nov 26, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #400 of 1,348
Ah, no, it's just the excel sheet with the language.

Also a bit interesting to hear about your relatives. I went to Hungary once in my life a couple of years ago - dang, electronic products were so inexpensive there when I was there (during my 1-week stay). Some products (home-cinema stuff) were about  up to 50% cheaper than in Germany - didn't buy anything though.
What I'll never forget from my visit are the "quality" of the roads, buses, cable cars (they would massively fail by German technical inspection standards and many wouldn't be allowed for hitting the streets by standards here) and especially the chlorine smell of their faucet water (I'll literally never forget that smell).

Really beautiful country though (was mainly in Budapest).
Communication in the stores was somehow a problem - almost nobody (not even the younger ones) was able to communicate in English (luckily the hotel stuff was), but there was a good amount of people who were able to speak German (and Italian, which didn't help though).

beerchug.gif

Nov 26, 2015 at 4:41 PM Post #401 of 1,348
I worked some Romanians. Sounds like a similar situation. Imported goods are horribly expensive and hard to get. English isn't as common. More insular overall compared to Northern & Western Europe.

My wife's dad is from Sweden. Came over after university. My wife and I have been back to Northern Europe a couple times. We were in Köln for a few days with some distant relatives. I keep getting encouraged to speak German wherever I went there. If I faltered, they were encouraging and would switch to English if I got completely stuck. Same with my wife in Sweden. Can't wait to go back!

Nov 28, 2015 at 9:53 AM Post #403 of 1,348
The M2 works pretty well as USB DAC/AMP for my android phone (native up to 24/192 with UAPP):

Nov 30, 2015 at 3:49 AM Post #405 of 1,348
  I recived my Shanling m2 yesterday. I have never heard portable device sounding well like this! I have had many different daps : iriver clix2, sansa fuze, sansa clip+, iriver H320, colorfly c3 and the last was samsung ygh-925. All of them had not punchy bass, sharp midldes, and natural sound as M2!

I also listened modern players like Fiio x3, x3-2, x5-2, dx90, mae8....What can i say? I don`t like how mae8 sounds at all(It is very dark for me. But i fell it is high range sounding product). I do not like ibasso`s cold sound signature also. x5-2 sounds good for me. His little brother - sounds simplistically, poor and compressed.

That is all about anothers:) I totaly loved shanling m2! His sound rank for me near the x5-2. But it has more agression and attack.  I don`t want to say - it is agressive. I say - well balanced, natural sound! Midrange has got crisp and powerfull attack at Marc Ribot`s guitar in Ceramic Dog album Your Turn. I hear size (volume) and material of snare-drum in O`o by John Zorn. I have never heard so mach detalization before! 

Couple words about design. I love the things done with the soul. But i have thought this things has gone almost all early 2000. I was wrong :) Yesterday i felt long-forgotten feeling of "soul thing" ^^. 

Thank your, Shanling! 

I have a trouble with DAC mode. My windows 10 can not finish install process and m2 don`t work as a DAC. Could you make the drivers for WIN10, please?

I have already instaled new FW . Control wheel works better. It became more sensitive. As i am rockbox and last.fm user i have one Christmas wish for Shanling :). Could you make scrobbling support if it possible? I have last.fm profile since 2009.  http://www.last.fm/user/MeMagus  Player has to do .scrobbler.log file for scrobbling. I have got this file from my previous player, but i could not recognize the file structure. http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/LastFMLog - list of avalible programs for reading such type of file (.scrobbler.log). Link with structure of file does not. I have asked about structure on another forum. If you will vote possibility of implimentation as probable i do everything possible with my hand. 

I am able to help with implementation (translation) to russian for FW too.

Thank you for your detailed response. We are glad that you love our products. 

We are not familiar with the Rockbox, could you please explain to me what is the requirement to implement this on an DAP?

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back