Shanling m1 vs m0
Aug 1, 2018 at 11:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

lenny95

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

So I was on Massdrop the other day and saw that the m1 is on sale there. As I was researching about the m1 trying to decide if I want to buy it, I came across the m0 which seems like a better buy to me, minus the size (it's almost too small). Anywho, I was looking up the price of the m0 because of my curiosity and found that the regular price of the m0 is less than the regular price of the m1... even though the m0 appears to be better in many aspects.

My question is, can anyone explain this to me? GENERALLY if something is more expensive, it is better. but it doesn't seem like that is the case here. Any thoughts or opinions are greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Aug 2, 2018 at 6:28 AM Post #2 of 4
I lost confidence in M0 because the set I got is defect. The touchscreen is spoilt and still waiting for replacement. It looks like Apple Watch.

Aug 18, 2018 at 9:56 PM Post #3 of 4
Damn. A lot of useful responses here. I am in the same dilemma. I am also considering M2S and Hidizs AP80. I imagine M0 and M1 have very comparable SQ. I like the hardware buttons on the M1 and I like the touchscreen on M0. A combination would be great. AP80 does that and has the same ESS chipset.

Aug 19, 2018 at 12:19 AM Post #4 of 4
Hi Lenny95,

You are correct, sadly, quality is not indicative of price these days, especially components for audio gear, it is for this reason why a lot of China made & Asian brands are coming up when compared to Western Counterparts.
That being said, there are a few Asian brands who are definitely not worth their retail but are still worth considering if there are no other options.
Also, depending on personal luck & experience, sometimes, even good products, doesn't matter where they come from, will fail for whatever reason so really, like life, it is all a gamble.
If you have good experiencs, not only with a product but the customer service as well, then that is a bonus in this day & age.

Anyway, it's up to you which you decide is more worth it & value to you, I decided on the M0 over the M1 myself personally as I use it more for exercise & general mobility around the house.
Having the higher end specs, especially where BT is concerned, makes it extremely useful for my needs as given how tiny the thing is, a cable to it makes it ridiculous.

Hey @yong_shun,
I have minor issues with the touchscreen myself though that's more as the case is in the way of the swipe path.
Don't have an Apple Watch but have played with them enough to know, functionality wise, M0 is slightly better.

Hope everyone has a great day !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back