Shanling H1.1 DAC
May 9, 2012 at 11:16 AM Post #16 of 18
The ipod port only work on IOS 5. My iPhone 3G cant upgrade to IOS 5.  :frowning2:

May 14, 2012 at 12:54 PM Post #18 of 18
My setup as below:
Foobar -> Hi-face -> Shanling H1.1 -> Stax 2050 (Power filter PS Audio Duet)

Burn-in: Around 30 hours

I have been listening to Audio-GD NFB-2 for a while. My comparison will be based on NFB-2. NFB-2 presentation is more bright sounding, detail, wider soundstage and a lot of space in between. Bass very punchy and sometime too noticable to me. Longer decay of piano sound. I always have a feeling the high is not as extended but very smooth. However, it didnt match well with my Stax. I not able to listen for long hour. I will feel fatigue in short period of time.

Now back to H1.1, physical is bigger than NFB-2. The chasis cover is thick and much heavier than NFB-2. Soundstage is narrow than NFB-2. Presentation is a touch of warm, but I like the high much compare to NFB-2, better extention and just a slight of that make a different to music, sparkle. However, it still not a forgiving dac, as most of my poor recording songs sound aweful. I prefer H1.1 presentation because it more like a singer is closer to the band yet th depth shown the band slight backward and singer forward. NFB-2 is more flat and wide presentation to me, singer center and band spread wide left and right. Sometime, I hear rhe vocal slight mix with the instrument. Maybe due to the longer decay in beyween notes. As such, H1.1 sound more natural to me, more musical, less analytical. Bass is just nice to me, punch but not over. But I do not want to misleading here as Stax the lowest range that I used here already a light bass presentation. May not be enough for everyone. I did try on my speaker, NFB-2 is more punchy which is good for hip-hop and more bass attack songs. H1.1 is fast, attack and shorter decay in piano.

Overall, I would say H1.1 is quite musical and a touch of warm, detail, sweet sounding dac. As the ipod port is a plus for it. I would prefer slightly more smooth in the vocal. But not sure futher burn in will do the trick.

Note: NFB-2 will present slightly more 1-2kHz and  7-10kHz compare to H1.1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back