Shanling CD300
May 21, 2007 at 8:26 PM Post #2 of 37
I want one too....so much that I've placed a bid on ebay........650$ plus 80 bucks for shipping....it looks nice..so now I'll have to eat some serious ****, since I not so long ago proclaimed that I'd never buy from the chinese copycats.
580smile.gif

dom

Jun 1, 2007 at 10:31 PM Post #4 of 37
Try the search. At least one member owns one, and there have been some discussions about the player.

Jun 1, 2007 at 10:42 PM Post #5 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom hankins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try the search. At least one member owns one, and there have been some discussions about the player.

Perhaps I am mistaken on this, but did you have the CD-T300 in mind?

Jun 3, 2007 at 12:02 PM Post #6 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by diogenes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Perhaps I am mistaken on this, but did you have the CD-T300 in mind?

Actually, it is the CD-3000 I am thinking about. Is the 300 a lesser model?

Jun 3, 2007 at 5:19 PM Post #8 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Beautiful cd player! How much does it sell for?

Pacific Valve has very good price at $1099 for new units, these are 120v USA models not grey maket 220V models, does have balanced output which is important to some.

I was somewhat interested in this model, but I think it looks rather bland other than rounded corners, don't like the small round readout that limits info displayed (like Music Hall CDPs) also physically a huge sized CDP

What happened to all the sexy design of older Shanling models????

Jun 3, 2007 at 5:29 PM Post #9 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... What happened to all the sexy design of older Shanling models????

Damn, you're right. I'm sure the CD300 is a great player, but it's no match visually for its streamlined younger siblings.

Jun 3, 2007 at 5:31 PM Post #10 of 37
I like the Shanling players too. But for my money you can't beat a Music Hall CD25.2 (made by Shanling, also Onyx CD-99 is the same player). Get one of these for ~$550 new, have sacdmods upgrade the clock, install a ZapFilter (and a few more upgrades) for ~$750. So for $1300 you get a true reference-quality redbook player that competes with or outperforms players costing over $2500.

Jun 4, 2007 at 10:06 AM Post #11 of 37
CD300 should same as CD3000, the CDP could be a goodthing after mod.
CD300 use "two" PCM1794 DAC chips, and tube out for single end.
I've did some research, balanced out(OP) will better then single-end(tube) out. Some user use special cable(XLR 2 RCA), for better performance.
Full view:
.jpg

Pictures from here, http://www.hififever.com/forum/viewt...ighlight=cd300

5 pages discussion about CD300 modification.

Here can see red wire jumper. CON, 115V 220V. Could be easy to change the input voltage.
-5.jpg

Another one Original A9II, use two PCM1792.
-1.jpg

They almost at same price(+-5%) in China.

Jun 4, 2007 at 10:24 PM Post #12 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom hankins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, it is the CD-3000 I am thinking about. Is the 300 a lesser model?

Well the CD-T300 is a bit older and looks a lot like an "UFO", yet is more costly (or was). However, it seems that the Shanling link has CD-3000, but Pacific Valve calls the same model CD-300, which does not seem to induce clarity.

As for the looks, for whatever reason the large, utilitarian styling appeals to me.

Jun 10, 2007 at 10:58 PM Post #13 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by spacecoyote /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like the Shanling players too. But for my money you can't beat a Music Hall CD25.2 (made by Shanling, also Onyx CD-99 is the same player). Get one of these for ~$550 new, have sacdmods upgrade the clock, install a ZapFilter (and a few more upgrades) for ~$750. So for $1300 you get a true reference-quality redbook player that competes with or outperforms players costing over $2500.

I may yet eat my words
rolleyes.gif

Today I contacted Wally @ Underwood and he's got me leaning towards the CD-3000! The only things that keep me from making the decision outright are: [1] I'm not sure I want a tube player and [2] I'm not sure I want a top-loader. Other than that his endorsement is weighing heavy right now.
Thanx Wally!
wink.gif
cool.gif

Jun 11, 2007 at 10:26 PM Post #14 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by spacecoyote /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I may yet eat my words
rolleyes.gif

Today I contacted Wally @ Underwood and he's got me leaning towards the CD-3000! The only things that keep me from making the decision outright are: [1] I'm not sure I want a tube player and [2] I'm not sure I want a top-loader. Other than that his endorsement is weighing heavy right now.
Thanx Wally!
wink.gif
cool.gif

Well, if you do buy one, then please post your thoughts on it.
Also, the MHZS players have complicated the decision process on which player to buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back