Shanling CD-T80.. problems
Jul 18, 2007 at 5:24 PM Post #16 of 19
The IC is a programmable one like a micro controller. So they could have added any code format. That's a bummer. Is that a different LED I see at the bottom of the IC compared to the one at the top of the PCB? If it is, then the remote control would have a learning function.
Have you got access to a black and white video camera? A colour version might do as well. Point the remote control at the camera and press any of the bottom. Look on a monitor to see if you can see the light output of the remote control IR LED. (Use a different remote control to confirm that the camera bandwidth can pick up the infra red beam from a remote control. Most cameras can.)
If you have access to a scope at school or at work, you can check that there is a signal going to the IR LED.

I would have had that remote on my workbench and hooked up to my test gear by now if you were in Europe.

Jul 20, 2007 at 5:33 PM Post #17 of 19
Well the video recorder is a clever idea!! I used a colour digital cam and the trick worked fine with my tv remote, but no light at all from the shanling remote! At least I am now 100% its the remote and not the sensor in the player.

I have tried 2 other universal remotes in the last copule of days with no luck. The scan mode did lock on to the player on a couple of settings allowing me to switch the power on/off, press play via the pause button, adjust the display brightness with the volume buttons and so on. I started to think I might have a result but nothing allowed me to adjust the volume!!! One of the URC offered a double money back deal if it did not work which sounded great untill you read the small print> to claim double money back I had to also send them the original remote in working order
rolleyes.gif
I will settle for just getting my money back.

Jul 20, 2007 at 7:43 PM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by si_free /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have tried 2 other universal remotes in the last copule of days with no luck. The scan mode did lock on to the player on a couple of settings allowing me to switch the power on/off, press play via the pause button, adjust the display brightness with the volume buttons and so on.

Have those URCs that you tried got a code recall features? That is to say: have they got a feature where you can find out what code it was that the URC picked up during the scan? If they do, let me know the code, and which manufacturer(s) have that code listed under their device. I assume you tried the AUDIO codes on the universal remotes?

Jul 21, 2007 at 1:08 AM Post #19 of 19
I'm not sure if there was a recall but after having some response from the player I went through and tried every code in the booklet!! My thinking was that whilst one code might get the power button operating another code might possibly get the volume working.

I first bought the URC 'Crest 3 in 1' and actually had 2 codes respond in the DVD/VCR area. After looking at their web site I discovered that the 3in1 did not cover audio and CDP so I returned it and got the 8 in 1. Using the 8 in 1 the DVD section of codes is where I got lucky - code 2031 (Conia & Palsonic). The audio and cd codes were all negative. What I thought a little strange is that the 8 in 1 only had 1 positive response yet the 3 in 1 had 2. I downloaded the 3 in 1 manual and tried inputting any codes that were not included in the 8 in 1 (quite a few) but the 8in1 would not accept these 3in1 codes?

The other URC I tried (the one i have had for maybe 10 years) is the 1 for All 4. I had no luck with that, but wondered if I should try a new model of these?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back