Shane goes to long & mcquade...
Jan 18, 2006 at 1:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

familyman

500+ Head-Fier
So i decide i was going to buy something new today! (even though i have a go-vibe v4 on the way) ANYWAYS i decide i was going to buy something at the music store.

I'm looking at all there headphones old beyer 770's, 3 different versions of the akg 240, and then i see ultrasone proline 750 mmmm yummy and only 385 bucks (LOL hey i live in canada ok?) these must be good!

WRONG! I get home open the box and they look so amazing just sitting there... but thats where it ends. as soon as i pick them up i notice there noisy! a little squeaky when you move them around to adjust them and the plastic seems so cheap, like i feel i need to be careful with them... not good.

So i try to ignore the $20 headphone look and feel of them (except the earpads are very nice) and i put them on with some Jethro Tull "bungle in the Jungle".... sounds pretty good... although i have this feeling this will turn out bad... so i go right for the fear factory... whats going on here... no bass? maybe eq is off in foobar... nope.. so i try about 5 other songs from various genre... man i think s.logic means S*** logic.. these cans sound hollow or airy like with horrible sound isolation... My old px100's sounded way better... and for $300 less (remember... canada....)

If your like to feel the groove or hear the bass in your music.
DO NOT BUY the proline 750's..

So anyways i returned them hoping i could order some hd595's or something...
WRONG long & mcquade music doesn't carry anything above the 400 series of senn... and cant get the high end akg's,beyer's,OR ANYTHING.

So i ended up buying a new external sound card for my pc!

it works great.. makes my hd 280 pro's sound like gold.
i only had to re n' re the drivers about 10 times before they finally worked.
580smile.gif

Jan 18, 2006 at 2:43 AM Post #3 of 6
thats the funny thing, the sticker that seals the inside box with the big ultrasone logo on it was already broken down the middle, i'm guessing someone already tried em out for a while and returned them, might explain the squeaky sounds/cheap looking plastic... i looked at some proline 650's while i was there the sticker was also broken already, but the plastic looked newer? i'm assuming they already had some time on them. and also the horrible sound isolation won't improve with burn in time.

my hd 280's sounded great out of the box and now with only 50 hours or so on them, they sound amazing to my newb audiofile ears.
eggosmile.gif

Jan 18, 2006 at 2:43 AM Post #4 of 6
LOL lastweekend I went to L&M in Victoria and almost walked out with the PL750s too!! I'm glad I didn't! thanks! hhaha what's that sound card worth?

Jan 18, 2006 at 2:50 AM Post #5 of 6
you must have some good instincts(bad speller) inkstinks?

anyways i paid 200cdn for the soundcard though on there website its 250usd

oh yeah how do i get my gear to show up at the bottom of my threads/replys
confused.gif
?
the soundcard is the M-audio Audiophile USB

Jan 18, 2006 at 3:40 AM Post #6 of 6
this sound card is great..
how many bits/hz is a cd?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back