Shall I use the headphone/out for amplification?
Dec 5, 2007 at 7:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

janruzinsky

100+ Head-Fier
Damn,

now I understand completely the wallet joke at this forum..
Is it worth the money to get an amp for an iAudio7 and Triple Fi10?
Anybody of you knows of course that the iAudio7 does not have a lineout so I can use the headphone out only.
I want the amp as small as possible and it should not be more than 150 USD ( for now
smily_headphones1.gif
).

I just want to get the best of my rig so do not make fun of a humble geek like me.

thanks

Dec 5, 2007 at 8:09 PM Post #2 of 10
imo, you dont really need an amp for iaudio7.
i currently have iaudio x5, and i've been using it with several portable amps.
two nights ago, i plugged my hd650 directly into iaudio x5, and was pleasantly surprised by the sound. it was NICE.

Dec 5, 2007 at 8:38 PM Post #3 of 10
so you think the 7 has enough power to drive the triple fi to full potential?

Dec 5, 2007 at 9:06 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by tjumper78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i've never used triple fi but i would imagine it should have enough power as it provided good sound to hd650.
get some more advice from "experienced head-fi'ers". =)

Well thank you for now, it do not happens often that some head/fier tries to save somebodys money
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 5, 2007 at 9:54 PM Post #6 of 10
Cowon DAPs have relatively powerful built-in amps and are the least likely to need an external amp.
That said, the headphone out of my X5 is very clean and is perfect as input for the Headroom Micro (desktop modules) I use to drive my Yuin PK1, that actually do need an amp.
biggrin.gif

Dec 5, 2007 at 10:02 PM Post #7 of 10
Heel goed, bedankt voor jouw hulp.

j.

Dec 31, 2007 at 11:41 AM Post #10 of 10
I don't really think that the Triple.fis will benefit from amping that much. IEMs don't need that much energy to drive them and since the the amp on the iAudio i7 is very powerful I doubt that you will be able to tell the difference. That being said I have never heard the Triple.fis being driven from an iAudio i7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back