SGS as external soundcard ?
Jul 13, 2011 at 5:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Renegade1988

New Head-Fier
I bought a pair of sennheiser hd558 yesterday (for home use on my laptop) and i am surprised how they sound hooked up on my SGS (with voodoo to get everything out of the wolfson chip), the only problem is that my laptop has a onboard sound chip (Realtek ALC883) wich gives a crappy output.

As i am a student on a kind of tight budget i was having some "brainfarts" about making the SGS think it is a soundcard while connected to the laptop. That way i can play everything on the laptop as usuall and the output goes thru the SGS.

Is this possible ? If it is, is there someone willing to help me do it ? Because there is very little information available about this (only about wireless and i dont want to send a laggy stream to my phone with the possibility of losing quality).

Jul 13, 2011 at 1:08 PM Post #2 of 5
search for some streaming solution on android market? I have the tab with the same wolfson chip but I haven't tried.

Jul 13, 2011 at 3:22 PM Post #3 of 5
That is just the problem, there are streaming solutions over the internet but these always involve some lag, not to mention if it has to buffer.

I am trying to contact supercurio (the man behind voodoo) and if that doesnt bring a solution then i guess it will stay a "brainfart".

Jul 13, 2011 at 3:29 PM Post #4 of 5
SGS has a good DAC and amplifier, it makes my SHD650 sound way better than Creative Zen,

but I think what you seek is difficult to realize, why don`t you just buy 32Gb external sd, and forget the laptop,
beerchug.gif

btw try poweramp, its the only android apk cappable of gapless playback,

Jul 14, 2011 at 12:02 AM Post #5 of 5

I meant something like the VLC and Videolan server running on your laptop. I have seen a VLC for android player somewhere on the market. Do a search. Or you can try UPnP with foobar as the server.

Quote:
That is just the problem, there are streaming solutions over the internet but these always involve some lag, not to mention if it has to buffer.

I am trying to contact supercurio (the man behind voodoo) and if that doesnt bring a solution then i guess it will stay a "brainfart".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back