SFI Ribbon tweeters
May 24, 2011 at 4:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

jpmilner

Head-Fier
Hello everyone,

I am looking for some help here.  I had planned out my future DIY headphones, I have been inspired by smeggy and his amazing Thunderpants, and I had planned on using SFI 32ohm ribbon tweeters.  It seems that the one source for both the 32ohm and 120ohm SFI tweeters is now out of them completely.  No matter what google magic that I try to work I keep running into speakeraddict.com and their ebay account.  I tried emailing speakeraddict.com directly and they responded by saying that these are gone forever.  Does anyone have another source for the 32ohm SFI drivers or even the 120ohm?

Also, the only drivers that they seem to have available now are the 4ohm SFI drivers.  Has anyone been brave enough to try to use these?  If so, how do they sound?

Thanks for all your help.

Jeremy

May 24, 2011 at 5:17 PM Post #2 of 4
I had the same problem, I just asked around and a very nice Head-Fier sold me some. As for the 4ohm ones I don't think they are the bipole type and wont work near the same as the 32-120 verity. Not to mention alot of equipment may not like such a low impedance. You may head over to the "orthodynamic roundup" mega thread in the headphone section and ask nicely
smily_headphones1.gif
, or PM a senior member of the thread and they may point you in the right direction.

May 24, 2011 at 10:12 PM Post #4 of 4
The 4 ohm is not a dipole, pm boilermakerfan, he has a few pairs left that he is prepared to sell. It is a pity that the pot is finally drying up, a lot of fun for experimenting with and really good sound for the money..dB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back