SF5Pro versus Q-Jays (Do these threads ever end?)
Apr 12, 2008 at 12:55 AM Post #31 of 37
Soundstage? That's one thing my S.F Pro and EB are definitely lacking of. The Atrios, Mylarones, SE530, even the q-Jays have soundstage - but my S.F's certainly have none to speak of.

The Super.Fi's are the ones I most regret spending money on - almost everything else (no matter what price range) sounds better to me.

Apr 12, 2008 at 1:59 AM Post #32 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Soundstage? That's one thing my S.F Pro and EB are definitely lacking of. The Atrios, Mylarones, SE530, even the q-Jays have soundstage - but my S.F's certainly have none to speak of.

LOL! It always makes me laugh when I read conflicting views about stuff like this. I actually liked the soundstage a lot, but it ended up being the only thing I liked and I sold them pretty fast. And I've read differing views on the q-jays soundstage, with comments about 'in the head' vocals and a narrow soundstage. The Shure E4 had the worst soundstage to my ears, it was very claustrophobic.

Apr 12, 2008 at 3:48 AM Post #33 of 37
IMO the UEs has some of the widest sound stage in the IEMs I tried (Etys, Westone and others), and I couldn't hear any on both Mylarones. Go figure.
biggrin.gif

Apr 12, 2008 at 4:49 AM Post #35 of 37
Wow Amazing still a tie!! (currently at the time of posting 16vs16 and 4 for others)

Apr 14, 2008 at 8:31 PM Post #36 of 37
For the sound stage, I can tell you for sure!

SA6> ER-4-P>q-Jays in order.

It depends on the recording of the music, (like echoing, reverbing sound in music) But I'll say q-Jays are most narrow one among my 3 IEMs that I have now in front of me. SA6 wins all of them by big margin, best soundstage I ever heard in IEM.

q-Jays though, they have 3D like sound stage. they have depth, height and length, but they are in-the-head(which means narrow in 2d for sure). they didn't sound like it's from outside often.

They are super detail though.

Apr 14, 2008 at 10:57 PM Post #37 of 37
I've not seen any frequency response charts to verify it, but I found the SF5's to be way out of balance. The q-Jays on the other hand, are about as flat to my ear as a pair of ER-4P's, but sacrifice some high end detail for better bass response. A fair trade if you ask me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back