SF Bay Area mini meet May 2nd 2015 (CanJam after party!!!!)
Apr 20, 2015 at 8:10 PM Post #151 of 302

Very cool.  I have a bunch of spare tips (including SpinFit) that fit on the RHA 750i's nozzles, so come flag me down and I'll loan you some!

Awesome, I'll def bring them, then! What do you look like? This is me.  

I might have a station, but I might also be walking around with Red Primes.  This goes for everyone - Feel free to grab me if you want to demo anything I am bringing.

Oh, and my name is Alex.

Apr 20, 2015 at 9:07 PM Post #153 of 302
I'm a little late to the party, but I'd love to come.  I can bring an ED-8, RS-1, SE535, HF-1, Lavry DA11 depending on interest.  The 2013 bay area meetup was a treat- would love to do it again!

Apr 20, 2015 at 9:55 PM Post #154 of 302
I would like to attend!! I have HE-560 and a Lyr

I'm a little late to the party, but I'd love to come.  I can bring an ED-8, RS-1, SE535, HF-1, Lavry DA11 depending on interest.  The 2013 bay area meetup was a treat- would love to do it again!

Dudes! Would love to take you in! But... we're over-capacity already.
frown.gif

So as of now, attendance to this meet is closed to those who are on the list only.

I sincerely apologize for that!

Apr 20, 2015 at 10:08 PM Post #155 of 302
  Awesome, I'll def bring them, then! What do you look like? This is me.  

I might have a station, but I might also be walking around with Red Primes.  This goes for everyone - Feel free to grab me if you want to demo anything I am bringing.

Oh, and my name is Alex.

I'll make sure to look for you then.  You'll know what I look like when I see you - plus I'll have my CanJam name badge on.  
bigsmile_face.gif

Apr 20, 2015 at 10:47 PM Post #156 of 302
Oh, I'm pretty sure Bill's working on some proper name badges right now.  
smile.gif

Apr 20, 2015 at 10:59 PM Post #157 of 302
  Oh, I'm pretty sure Bill's working on some proper name badges right now.  
smile.gif

Yep! Will put up an EventBrite page soon. (probably at like 1-2AM today. Haha)

So everyone, please look out for that PM. It'll only be sent to attendees.

I've learned that it's better to do it that way (hey, that's because you guys did it at CanJam) to handle people's names and a list and all... as I don't feel like reading PMs from almost 50 folks.
tongue.gif

Apr 20, 2015 at 11:24 PM Post #158 of 302
Tentative gear list:

- Dynalo Mk2 (fully-balanced amplifier I finished building recently)
- Sennheiser HD580

Not sure about what I'll use for a source. I might just stick to an iPad for simplicity.

Apr 21, 2015 at 12:22 AM Post #159 of 302
Dudes! Would love to take you in! But... we're over-capacity already. :frowning2:

So as of now, attendance to this meet is closed to those who are on the list only.

I sincerely apologize for that!

Dang! I've got to check daily! Have fun and happy listening

Apr 21, 2015 at 12:40 AM Post #160 of 302
I'm planning to bring my Oppo PM-3 and some portable amps (CEntrance HiFi-M8, iFi micro iDSD, HRT Microstreamer, Resonessence Herus, Geek Out 720).  If by some miracle I happen to get my Pulse Xfi, I'll bring that too.

Since this is my first meet, I was planning to walk around more rather than reserve a half table.  But I'll go with the flow on whatever I should do.

I'd like an XL t-shirt.  Thx!

Apr 21, 2015 at 1:01 AM Post #161 of 302
Rats, just talked to Vinnie and I won't have my LIO until the 8th :frowning2:  Sorry guys.  I'll just be brining my Primes.

Apr 21, 2015 at 1:34 AM Post #163 of 302
  I'd love to attend, Bill.  I can make it in the afternoon.  Still have space?

Oh boy... I should have messaged you about this like... weeks ago. My bad! 
frown.gif

As it is, we are over capacity, so I'm not able to take in more folks, even though I wish so very badly that I could!

And I probably won't see you again for a while after, too, since I'm abroad in the summer, and won't be back until September (so I'll miss the meet in July!).

Hope you are doing well these days?

Apr 21, 2015 at 1:50 AM Post #164 of 302

Yep! Will put up an EventBrite page soon. (probably at like 1-2AM today. Haha)

So everyone, please look out for that PM. It'll only be sent to attendees.

I've learned that it's better to do it that way (hey, that's because you guys did it at CanJam) to handle people's names and a list and all... as I don't feel like reading PMs from almost 50 folks.
tongue.gif

Hmm...what format will the badges be created:

Head-Fi moniker only, real full name only, or both?

Apr 21, 2015 at 2:06 AM Post #165 of 302

Hmm...what format will the badges be created:

Head-Fi moniker only, real full name only, or both?

I think Head-fi user name display is at least mandatory (or we would have no idea who is who). Real name display will be a choice. So badges will at least always have user name.

Either way, though, I think real name is still mandatory at least for registration, and for entry at the meet. I will have a list of names provided to our host for security reasons, and our host will be using this list in conjunction with id check in order to verify if a person is on the list or not. You can choose to not use your real name for the badge, though.

Sorry, it sounds a bit over the top, but we're all wandering into the headquarters of a big company after all.

redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back