SF Bay Area Meet on Sunday February 17, 2013 (the one which is really going to happen)
Jan 13, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #121 of 477
Quote:
Can I still sign up? I don't have gear to offer though. Would like to try out some stuff and meet some people.

Quote:
I'd like to attend, but will most likely not take any gear to the meet - well, maybe a HD650, (TBD).
thanks.

no gear required to attend. at this point encouraging people just to bring headphones.

Jan 13, 2013 at 10:36 PM Post #124 of 477
I'll get to that when I have all the paperwork signed for the locale which is expected to be Tuesday. Donations will allow me to expand the meet, but I need to sit down and plan out space, assess the financial risk to myself, etc.

MEET IS FULL AS OF JANUARY 13, 2013. EVERYONE FROM THIS POINT ON WILL BE PUT ON A WAITING LIST.

Jan 14, 2013 at 1:17 AM Post #125 of 477
Quote:
will you be modding ksc75s for people?

LOL... dang you guys still remember all that KSC75 hype and stuff?  That was like 7 years ago.  Truth is I don't remember what all I did with my KSC mods.  hahaha

Quote:

k5150, are you really coming out of retirement???  Sweet.

That's not a bad idea,  I have a 48" round folding table and may throw it in the car in case we need it...

Tomorrow I am scouting the location and Questhate has to rest (flu).  I got my flu shot today and will try to be healthy for the meet.  
bigsmile_face.gif

Well I guess so... I just picked up a long overdue K701, I should have that in time for the meet.  and I did a resistor mod to my little Earmax OTL amp.

I will definitely bring a large-ish folding table, just in case.  Its probably big enough for 4 laptop + DAC/AMP setups and maybe a portable rig or two on the ends.

See you then and thanks for arranging!!

Jan 15, 2013 at 12:30 AM Post #128 of 477
Also, if anyone has a Yulong D100, Audiotrak DR DAC 2 DX, Grant Fidelity TubeDAC-11, or Aune T1, please bring them.  I'm looking for a new DAC+amp and these are the runner up by now. :_)

Jan 15, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #129 of 477
  1. $0 to $20 is a suggested donation to be taken at the door. CEETEE is helping me out BIG time.
  2. ~$150 left over from H3 will be put into this meet.
  3. Contact me directly via PM if anyone is feeling more generous and would like to contribute a greater sum (also please indicate if you would like to be anonymous donor.)
  1. As of now all, table space is accounted for. Still working out details (more may open up later). But the meet is still open for people who are not bringing gear.

Jan 15, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #131 of 477
Purrin:
Sign me up. I believe my post in the main thread for this meet, indicating I would attend, occurred prior to the reservation list reaching 60 attendees. If you can't fit me in, I will understand.

Jan 16, 2013 at 11:45 AM Post #134 of 477
Cool.  I'll help with $20.  Looking forward to it.

Also, I have a friend who is interested.  Could you add him to the waitlist?

Double thanks!!

[]s
Walfredo

Jan 16, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #135 of 477
Just an FYI, a couple of folks who have wished to remain anonymous have stepped up and contributed significantly to the meet. We will be opening up one or possibly two more rooms. I doubt we will be turning anyone down who wishes to attend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back