Sextett - what exactly is it?
Jul 23, 2008 at 5:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

DemonicLemming

500+ Head-Fier
Just picked up a set of K240Ms from the for sale section here, and it's got me a bit curious as to the term "Sextett" that I see tossed around on here once in a while. Did a few searches but didn't see anything that really answered my question - is the Sextett a specific set of cans, it is a name applied to a line...?

Also, if there's, for example, a Sextett version of the K240s, and a normal version, what are the differences between the two sets?

Jul 23, 2008 at 5:57 AM Post #2 of 7
If you have a K240 with silver rings, chances are it's a Sextett.

Sample picture:
DSCN1694.jpg

Jul 23, 2008 at 6:07 AM Post #3 of 7
Jul 23, 2008 at 6:08 AM Post #4 of 7
Do they employ different drivers/enclosures, or is it just a cosmetic difference from the normal version?

Posted before I saw the previous reply.....reading time.

Jul 23, 2008 at 11:14 AM Post #5 of 7
Jul 23, 2008 at 11:40 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by DemonicLemming /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do they employ different drivers/enclosures, or is it just a cosmetic difference from the normal version?

Posted before I saw the previous reply.....reading time.

The Sextette is so named because of it's six passive drivers that surround the main driver. It's very similar to the design of the K340, without the electret.

Think of the passive drivers in a similar way passive radiators are used in some subwoofer designs.

Jul 25, 2008 at 3:53 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Sextette is so named because of it's six passive drivers that surround the main driver. It's very similar to the design of the K340, without the electret.

Yet the two sound very different... go figure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back