Sexiest reciever for 1000 dollars, for bookshelf speakers
Mar 1, 2019 at 8:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

VocaloidDude

500+ Head-Fier
So I already have the Sennheiser HD800 and HDVA600, as well as HD650 for when I feel like them. What I want now is a really nice receiver for bookshelf loudspeakers, for a hifi setup. I got a pair of Neumann KH120 A speakers, and while for some songs they sound magnificent, for other songs they sound downright evil to the mix. I was listening to Chet Baker, and the horns sounded shouty (because apparently Chet Baker is poorly mixed, which is what studio monitors will do to your music, is reveal those flaws). That's when I knew I wanted a good amp to give my loudspeakers which I've had for probably almost a decade now a boost, the Cambridge S-30.

I don't need bells and whistles in my receiver. I just need it to be a hardcore audiophile receiver which will be used mainly for music and will power bookshelf speakers without frying them. I have my eye keenly fixed on the Marantz HD-AMP1. Can anyone vouch for it? I am not afraid to go vintage either, I just need to know what's good, maybe you can even get something vintage which is better for cheap.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2019 at 12:56 PM Post #2 of 3
I responded to you over in the other thread. If you have any questions let me know. Understand however I havent heard each vintage receiver out there personally,so you will have to do your research.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back