Several Big Comparisons (HELP!)
Apr 13, 2007 at 8:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Raphael

100+ Head-Fier
Okay, several questions to ask here. First being the major one I want to get out of the way.

The iMod is the big thing here that I'm after. However, I have heard incredible things about the Cotton Dock from ALO as well. So, I'm bound to ask, is the difference between the iMod and the Cotton dock big? They're both rather expensive, but the iMod definitely costs more than the already expensive Cotton Dock.

Hypothetically speaking, let's say that I decide on the iMod. What is the difference between the Cotton Dock and the Bling Bling Dock? Is it vast? The reviews I read on the cotton dock are just amazing me as I had always believed that cables made a 'subtle' difference. But in this case, people have reported giant differences.

Essentially, I'm going to either get the iMod + Cotton mini-to-mini (which might make the biggest difference if I decide I can afford that, considering that the cotton dock out of the stock line-out is making a big difference), or iMod + Bling Bling Dock/DIY'd interconnect, or the Cotton Dock itself if people don't think the iMod is a substantial difference.

Any takes on this guys? I know it's a lot, but I'm on the brink of insanity about thinking of sacrificing quality while tending to the needs of my wallet.

Current Equipment: iPod Mini (will be selling this and getting a 4th gen if I get the iMod, no worries about the price here. I have a good deal). Etymotic ER-4S. Go-Vibe 5 (very tempted to upgrade to six, which I may as well if I'm considering paying so much for a cable). Sik Ram Din (which has broken down due to shoddy build and no longer functioning on one side).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back