Seven confirmed dead in DC Metro Rail crash..
Jun 22, 2009 at 11:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

TheRobbStory

Banned
2009_0622_fox3.jpg

I can't believe this is happening.

Two Red Line Trains Collide Near Fort Totten - DCist

Quote:

7:17 p.m. Catoe offers the first explanation of the crash. "At 5:02 p.m., one train was stopped waiting to get the order to pass, because the train stopped at a platform. The next train came up behind it, and for reasons we do not know, plodded into the back of that train - the operator of that train was the one who lost her life." NTSB is conducting an investigation. Metro is still searching the trains to make sure no one is left trapped on the trains.

Jun 23, 2009 at 12:49 AM Post #3 of 13
If I'm seeing that picture correctly, the back of the first train is on TOP of the front of the second train?!
eek.gif

Crazy incident indeed; curious as to what the cause will turn out to be.

Jun 23, 2009 at 2:47 AM Post #5 of 13
I live in DC and ride the Red Line every day -- perhaps the only Head-Fi'er in that category. Never before 6 or 7pm though, so I escaped today's carnage.

Jun 23, 2009 at 2:56 AM Post #6 of 13
No, I also ride the Red Line pretty much everyday. Luckily I'll be able to avoid it tomorrow. It did ride it today, however. Hope the families are well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by priest /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I live in DC and ride the Red Line every day -- perhaps the only Head-Fi'er in that category. Never before 6 or 7pm though, so I escaped today's carnage.

Jun 23, 2009 at 3:20 AM Post #7 of 13
I read about this earlier today. Very sad. I hope they figure out the cause and it was not the conductor at fault. I'm sorry for those that died but glad it wasn't more.

Jun 23, 2009 at 5:33 AM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by priest /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I ride it from New York Ave to Ft Totten and transfer to the green to Greenbelt to get to BWI a few times a month. Sure glad I wasn't riding today.

My peers consider me paranoid for always wanting to ride in the middle cars, and this is why.

Jun 23, 2009 at 2:04 PM Post #11 of 13
Very sad!
My thoughts go out to the family and friends

Jun 24, 2009 at 4:15 AM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRobbStory /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ride it from New York Ave to Ft Totten and transfer to the green to Greenbelt to get to BWI a few times a month. Sure glad I wasn't riding today.

My peers consider me paranoid for always wanting to ride in the middle cars, and this is why.

I never thought of this before, but you can be sure I will from now on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Czilla9000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, I also ride the Red Line pretty much everyday. Luckily I'll be able to avoid it tomorrow. It did ride it today, however. Hope the families are well.

Say hello next time. I'm the dude with the old skool E4c riding in the middle cars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back