Setup that optimizes sound quality for movie watching, gaming with headphones. $ not an object.
Sep 25, 2009 at 2:18 AM Post #46 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by moonboy403 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I might've read this somewhere that we can actually share the profile/calibration of the SVS via USB drive. Can anyone confirm this? Also, have anyone done an a/b comparison between a reference level system and the a calibrated SVS profile of the same system?
L3000.gif

You have to do your own measurements of the speakers with a mic inside your ear, and your own measurements of the headphones with the mic inside your ear (unless using IEM and that parameter isn't needed). You can't borrow profiles from other users and have it sound right.

Sep 25, 2009 at 2:19 AM Post #47 of 52
Quote:

I think I might've read this somewhere that we can actually share the profile/calibration of the SVS via USB drive. Can anyone confirm this?
L3000.gif

From an SVS thread:
dsperber: "the SVS unit can handle essentially an infinite number of calibrations (stored on SD flash card and accessed through a card reader on the front of the unit)"

Sep 25, 2009 at 4:16 AM Post #48 of 52
HPA is correct as the system will measure the room/headphones slightly differently from person to person. Therefore you can't use a profile created by somebody else or it'll sound 'off'.

Sep 25, 2009 at 4:49 AM Post #49 of 52
I had calibrations done at canjam and saved on a card. That in itself is an interesting process, but the surround sound effect after it's completed is truly remarkable.

Sep 25, 2009 at 4:52 AM Post #50 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had calibrations done at canjam and saved on a card. That in itself is an interesting process, but the surround sound effect after it's completed is truly remarkable.

Do you use the SVS for music that's encoded in stereo as well? If so, what's your impression of it?

May 12, 2010 at 11:12 AM Post #51 of 52
Ok, money no object right? Well, here's my system that I use and it sounds better then my $7k worth of speakers, no lie.

1) PS3 Slim $300 >HDMI OUT
2) Denon 3808Ci $1600 >HDMI IN
3) SVS Realiser $3000> 7.1 Analogue IN from Denon
4) Stax 007t Amp $1100
5) Stax 404LE $700
6) Buttkicker Amp and Units $800 (you need these to round out of the experience)

I believe I have the best silent movie experience you can buy at this point but it is expensive as you can see. I've had the Pioneer Dolby Headphone set and it doesn't even hold a candle to the SVS.

May 12, 2010 at 11:14 AM Post #52 of 52

Quote:
Quote:

I think I might've read this somewhere that we can actually share the profile/calibration of the SVS via USB drive. Can anyone confirm this? Also, have anyone done an a/b comparison between a reference level system and the a calibrated SVS profile of the same system?
L3000.gif

You have to do your own measurements of the speakers with a mic inside your ear, and your own measurements of the headphones with the mic inside your ear (unless using IEM and that parameter isn't needed). You can't borrow profiles from other users and have it sound right.

My wife listens to my "head" every day and says it sounds fantastic. Also, I've had friends come over and they all are in awe of the experience. It certainly doesn't sound as good but I would venture to say it sounds multiple times better then DH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back