Setup Improvement
Jan 10, 2017 at 8:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

gbiagini97

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone, it's been a while since i wrote on this forum, mainly because I was so happy with the "dt770 pro 80omh + fiio e17" combo you suggested me here.
My 2016 Christmas present was a pair of Fostex t50rp new model mk3, and I do love them with the music I'm listening right now. Also, i changed the pads that hurted me so much with some Hybrids from Brainwavz.
My main concern right now is "Does the little Fiio bring out the best from my headphones?"
I, kinda, did the math around that and seems like my new "cheap" planars need a bit more power. I used this guide http://www.apexhifi.com/specs.html and the xls file in it to get the millwatts i need. Seems like I need around 400mw to reach the loudness I like, and I think that my beloved Alpen can't quite help me in driving these cans.

I don't really need the portability, because I pretty much always use it at home, so I'd like to upgrade my little setup with a new amp.
From what I know, I can't use the e17 as "only dac" so I will be using the inbuilt dac from my pc (I know the specs if needed).

Do you have any suggestions for an amp/amp+dac for around 150€?
I was interested in the Schiit Magni 2 but I'd love to hear what you think guys!

Thanks in advance
Have a great day
Gabriele

Users who are viewing this thread

Back