Settings Advice for Chord Mojo with Sennheiser HD600...
Apr 5, 2017 at 3:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Jack71

New Head-Fier
So I've decided to try a Chord Mojo/Sennheiser HD600 combo. My source material will be an iphone 6 streaming Tidal's HiFi: Flac 1411 kbps - Lossless (16/44.1 khz). I may also use my Sony laptop to play CD's, with the Mojo and HD600 hooked up to that.

Does anybody who has used the Mojo with the HD600 have any settings advice they can give? This is my first time using a headphone dac/amp, so I'm a little clueless.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Apr 21, 2017 at 11:37 AM Post #2 of 3
Jack71 - Firstly, the Mojo HD600 combo is fantastic. I use the darn thing with everything and I'm feeling guilty about the neglect to my other DAC/AMPs since I received it. As far as settings, the most you'll be able to do is set your streaming or source devices. I would suggest trying to set these as close as possible to "Bit Perfect" meaning minimize any processing by the source and let the Mojo do the signal processing. I'm using a Samsung S7, iPad, Surface, iMac, Pioneer XDP-100R and everything sounds great. On the Mac its pretty much plug and play, but if you want to play around with settings go to the MIDI processor once the MOJO is plugged in. It will let you change the bit rates and such. I tried a few different settings but again all sound great.  It doesn't sound like you will have this problem since using iPhone but on my Samsung (android) I downloaded App Pro USB which allows me to get Bit Perfect on the android devices.

Happy experimenting - but you can't go wrong with this combo. Let me know what you think and your experiences. Just FYI, I've used the Mojo with Oppo PM-3, Senn HD-600, Senn HD-298 (work) Shure SE530, Westone W3, Bose QC3, 1More - They all sound better!  Good luck.
Lonzo

Apr 23, 2017 at 2:03 AM Post #3 of 3
Thanks Lonzo!

I'm mainly using Tidal through my iPhone 6. The only volume control that has any effect is the one on the Mojo. The iPhone volume control has no effect. Does that mean it has automatically been set to bit perfect?

So far I've used the Mojo with the HD600, Momentum 2.0, and Grado SR325e. All sounded terrific. The Mojo really tightened up the bass on the Momentum. Less flabby, quicker, and very punchy.

Jack71 - Firstly, the Mojo HD600 combo is fantastic. I use the darn thing with everything and I'm feeling guilty about the neglect to my other DAC/AMPs since I received it. As far as settings, the most you'll be able to do is set your streaming or source devices. I would suggest trying to set these as close as possible to "Bit Perfect" meaning minimize any processing by the source and let the Mojo do the signal processing. I'm using a Samsung S7, iPad, Surface, iMac, Pioneer XDP-100R and everything sounds great. On the Mac its pretty much plug and play, but if you want to play around with settings go to the MIDI processor once the MOJO is plugged in. It will let you change the bit rates and such. I tried a few different settings but again all sound great.  It doesn't sound like you will have this problem since using iPhone but on my Samsung (android) I downloaded App Pro USB which allows me to get Bit Perfect on the android devices.

Happy experimenting - but you can't go wrong with this combo. Let me know what you think and your experiences. Just FYI, I've used the Mojo with Oppo PM-3, Senn HD-600, Senn HD-298 (work) Shure SE530, Westone W3, Bose QC3, 1More - They all sound better!  Good luck.
Lonzo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back