Setting up Transit and FFDshow AC3/DTS
Aug 17, 2007 at 11:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Snoodge

100+ Head-Fier
I have a bunch of .mp4 and .avi files that have imbedded AC3 or DTS sound and I use either PowerDVD to play them or usually Windows media player classic with x264 and Community Codec Pack installed. I have tried seemingly every combination of settings in AC3 Filter and Community Codec Pack but when I have my Transit set to DTS/AC3 Passthrough mode I cannot get a 5.1 soundtrack to pass through to my receiver. Am I missing something because I have done this in FFDshow with no problems on my other HTPC with a AV-710 and had no problems. Does the Transit have to be running on Windows Media Center Edition to use the passthrough mode or what?

Help! Having to listen to stereo with pro logic or DTS Neo 6 instead of real 5.1 is pissing me off!

Aug 18, 2007 at 8:15 PM Post #2 of 5
Anybody?

Aug 22, 2007 at 1:26 AM Post #3 of 5
bump_signs.jpg

Aug 22, 2007 at 4:58 AM Post #4 of 5
With PowerDVD to watch a 5.1 DVD to output the 5.1 stream I had to select a check box named 'SPDIF Passthrough', or something similar, in the audio options. See if you can find that option. I think that was PowerDVD version 5.

I just checked out PowerDVD version 6 and here's what I found. I right click somewhere, select Configuration, select Audio Tab, and select 'Use SPDIF' as the speaker environment.

Aug 24, 2007 at 4:28 PM Post #5 of 5
Try setting the default audio rendered to "Wave" instead of "direct sound" in the system tab of AC3filter. I also checked "use SPDIF" in the main tab.

I assume you're using a optical fibre cable to pass the 5.1 signal to your AV receiver.

I've been using a Transit for more than a year and a half to listen to 5.1 sound tracks in avi files so it does work. I haven't been able to listen to DTS audio though. I think the Transit will only handle 5.1 Dolby and DTS audio if it's 48kHz, not 44.1kHz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back