Setting up the E-mu 1212m
Sep 12, 2004 at 11:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

BrianS

500+ Head-Fier
How do I get the most out of the 1212m? Any special patches, settings, things I should do while installing it? I have an Audigy 2 zs that I have installed and would like to use that for games and the emu for dvds and mp3s. I will be receiving the emu tomorrow. Thanks for the help
wink.gif

Sep 13, 2004 at 8:32 AM Post #2 of 15
I hope you have a little better luck then me. My 1212-Audigy 2 Combo worked, but just with a fresh installed OS. Lucke me, I have always a fresh OS partition hidden on the Harddisk.
Cant't give you any other tips, though.
Good Luck and have fun.

Sep 14, 2004 at 1:39 AM Post #4 of 15
What's your operating system? There's a note included with the 1212m that specifies something to do if you're using Win XP. I think some people have had problems because they didn't follow that. There is a patch on Emu's website that's newer than the one included.
Also, what software are you planning on using? Foobar, winamp, wmp, etc...
Other than that, I can't really think of anything soundcard specific you need to do.

Sep 14, 2004 at 2:35 AM Post #5 of 15
thanks for the reply devil. I am using win xp pro service pack 1. Also I would like to use windows media player and winamp, what is all the fuss with foobar -- is it better quality or something?

thanks, Brian

Sep 14, 2004 at 2:55 AM Post #6 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianS
what is all the fuss with foobar -- is it better quality or something?

Yes, plus it's tons more flexible and IMHO the interface is better (though I'm the kind of person that feels more at home with a good CLI (like BASH on Linux) than a GUI).

Sep 14, 2004 at 8:52 PM Post #7 of 15
Well I had a little trouble installing the Emu but it seems to be working. But i have a new problem now. The right driver in my HD650 seems to be much louder in volume than the left......does that mean they are damaged or could it be the amp?
confused.gif

Sep 14, 2004 at 9:05 PM Post #8 of 15
i plugged in some speakers and now the left channel is louder than the right, i think my amp is damaged again im so dumb

Sep 15, 2004 at 9:17 PM Post #9 of 15
anyway, now that my emu is installed im getting errors for the creative applications, should i just reinstall my audigy 2 zs or what? thanks

Sep 17, 2004 at 1:00 AM Post #12 of 15
i uninstalled the audigy and reinstalled the emu 1212m. now the emu stops outputting sound randomly while playing from media player or mp3.... what could be the problem?? I have both emu updates installed. This is with xp service pack 1. Sometimes I can stop the song then restart it and it will play, othertimes i cant and have to restart win media or winamp...Maybe the motherboard or try another pci slot??
confused.gif

Sep 17, 2004 at 4:42 AM Post #13 of 15
Try this program to totally remove the creative drivers.

http://www.driverheaven.net/cleaner/

Uninstall all software related, removed the cards, reboot in between of course, then use driver cleaner to make sure everything is gone, then put the e-mu card back in, install the drivers/software off the cd, get the latest updates from e-mu.

Other options, try another PCI slot, usually a few down from the AGP card should be good, but I don't think it would be a major problem really. You could also try re-installing windows XP with only the e-mu card in.

Good luck.

Sep 17, 2004 at 6:32 AM Post #14 of 15
Most probably the drivers.
Also disable onboard LAN and RAID.
If you can't solve, fresh OS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back