Setting up SB Live for headphones
Mar 31, 2003 at 7:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

lee0539

100+ Head-Fier
I got a HD 280 but i'm not sure how to set up my computer to make the best use...

Soundcard: Soundblaster Live

i tried both 2 speakers and headphone mode.. i get more bass with headphone mode but it doesn't seem to be as clear as the 2 speaker mode

i'm not sure if i should lower or raise the treble.. i like the bass at around 100 or 90...

please help if u have my setup and know what to set it at...

Mar 31, 2003 at 9:55 AM Post #3 of 4
Headphone mode has crossfeed functionality, which is what is largely responsible for the bloated and muddy midrange. It's also used for HRTF, so use it for games and movies. However, for pure music listening, 2 speaker is the way to go. You can always adjust the balance if you want a tad more bass.

Mar 31, 2003 at 12:33 PM Post #4 of 4
I'm using SB Live! with my Senn HD280-13 (300Ohm variant).
I would recommend you KXdrivers (www.kxproject.com) for your sound card. There you can swap front and rear outputs on your card, because rear sounds better than front due to the different codec use. But the dark side of it is that rear output has not specific amplification. It drives my headphones little bit weak, but I plan to build gilmore's headamp. You can add more bass too of course, but they won't be so powerfull as with the headamp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back