Setting up my headphones
Jun 7, 2007 at 8:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

SavageThrash

New Head-Fier
Well i just received my Hd595's which im gonna primarily use for gaming but i do listen to a lot of music when im not gaming.

Ive been fiddling with the settings im my x-fi's entertainment mode to try and get the best sound for music listening but i figured i might as well ask here as well to see if there some magical settings that i need to set as well. Ive got the crystallizer on and at 50%, i tried it at 100% and such but the treble hurt my ears and i almost got a whiny sound out of it.

Mid range seems a bit, muffled almost as well, (running EQ with rock setting.)

One other question. Is it bad to have headphones playing multiple things at a time like gaming playing css and having music from itunes running? i know it will degrade the quality of music and sounds cause there overlapping but is it bad for the headphones at all?

Jun 7, 2007 at 10:31 PM Post #4 of 7
I read about the settings I am using on this board. I am using this setup because I was in the same boat as you, trying to find the best sound my x-fi can give with my headphones. I'll be trying out more settings later on but I'm quite happy with the results I have gotten so far.

As far as the higher sampling rate, some say that upsampling actually degrades SQ. I'm still a newb when it comes to this and I'm only changing settings to what sounds good to me.

Jun 7, 2007 at 10:31 PM Post #5 of 7
no, unless your music on the CD is magically higher than 44.1
tongue.gif

I use audio creation mode and Bit Matched playback. No eax, no CMSS3d, no crystalizer. Sounds great.

Jun 8, 2007 at 2:33 AM Post #6 of 7
ok thanks for the settings so far but something that still intrigues me:

One other question. Is it bad to have headphones playing multiple things at a time like gaming playing css and having music from itunes running? i know it will degrade the quality of music and sounds cause there overlapping but is it bad for the headphones at all?

Jun 8, 2007 at 7:05 PM Post #7 of 7
There should be no problem as long as they're just plugged in to the computer, and the computer is playing all the sounds and mixing them together.

As you say, it won't sound as good, but it shouldn't hurt anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back