Setting up and E10 Dac with Windows 7 using Musicbee player!
Nov 17, 2011 at 7:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

chicolom

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi,

I just got a Fiio E10, and I'm trying to figure how to set it up in windows 7, with my music player Musicbee. 

I plug it in to the computer (windows 7), it installs drivers and shows up as a device. 

Then do I open up windows sound playback and right click and set the E10 dac as the default playback device?  Or do I wait and do that in the music program?

How do I know if its doing WASAPI?  The checkboxes are checked for exclusivity but I still get windows sounds pinging during music playback.

Music bee has its own output settings to, like I showed in the screenshot above.  I can pick Direct sound, WASAPI, or ASIO  and then pick the device from the drop down menu. 

So which output do I pic?  Overall windows output -> E10, or... Leave windows on default and set the Musicbee player to E10 (with direct sound, WASAPI, ASIO choices too), or set both windows and the player to the E10 separately?

Plus, I'm having a hard time getting the sound to consitently reach the E10.  I have no idea how to set the volume sliders in windows, the Dac properties, and the player.  Sometimes I set them all the way up and can barely hear anything from the E10 although its selected as the default.  Maybe there is some kind of conflict going on?

confused.gif
I'm freaking confused

Nov 17, 2011 at 7:53 PM Post #2 of 4
Here is a screenshot of Musicbee's output settings.  It has Direct sound, WASAPI, and Asio - each with a pulldown list that shows the devices such as the E10

Nov 17, 2011 at 8:31 PM Post #3 of 4
Do you guys just set your windows output to the DAC and screw the music program?  Just leave it at "Primary sound driver"?

Nov 18, 2011 at 9:31 PM Post #4 of 4
I read through this site [ http://thewelltemperedcomputer.com/index.html ] and figured it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back