Setting for M-Audio 24/96
Nov 25, 2004 at 3:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

caveman

New Head-Fier
Would somebody lend a hand on best settings for above card please.
I intend using it on an XP PC with audio out using RCA cables to my Rotel amp and MA speakers using Flac files and foobar 8.3.
I have yet to install card but would uninstall drivers for earlier soundcard, but then would it be best to download latest drivers from M-audio site and use them for initial installation or use CD and then update to the latest ones?
BTW is the control panel software part of the same driver file as I can't see a separate file for it's installation.
Following that what are the best settings for the card, purely for audio. If you could manage it what ammendments should I make to foobar?
Sorry for all the questions, I am past my prime with this sort of thing and you guys seem to be the experts. Many thanks in anticipation.

Nov 25, 2004 at 7:29 PM Post #2 of 3
Definitely get the latest drivers from the webpage... there's not much use in first installing the driver from the CD and then overwriting it with the newer, downloaded one.

And yes, I'm almost sure that the control panel is included with the driver.

Nov 26, 2004 at 2:58 PM Post #3 of 3
Come on guys, I really need your help. If I reduce the question to what would be the best confiuration for the soundcard and what settings would I need to alter in foobar, would you help me then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back