Set up a meet at Vancouver, BC?
Mar 27, 2009 at 7:00 AM Post #32 of 41
Problem with me attending a meet is that one of the most important parts of my system weighs 110 lbs..... I could be convinced to haul some sources out if there are going to be some interesting cans, and could bring Stax if someone will have a direct-drive amp...

Mar 28, 2009 at 1:41 AM Post #33 of 41
I will bump this up again for some new equipment as I have recently put together a balanced set up consisting of.

A balanced CKIII built by Fallen Angel on the way from cantsleep.
A new DACmadgic to feed the amp a balanced signal.
A balanced sennheiser cables being built by fidelity audio from Maple Ridge and new to the business.
A marants 5001 cd player purchased recently from Pfillion to feed the DACmagic.

I also plan to bring some other stuff to like a C-Que 8 studio headphone amp with 8 headphone outputs for comparing headphones. I will also bring my portable rig consisting of an IMod, RSA P-51 Mustang and Westone 3s. Oh and I also will bring my AKG 701s if they are not out being converted to dual entry with a balanced cable by Fidelity Audio.

I Hope this goes through as I would like a chance to listen to other peoples gear and get some exposure to some different audio equipment.

Mar 31, 2009 at 6:48 AM Post #34 of 41
Thanks to baglunch and mrdeadfolx for the reassurance and advice about taking gear across the boundary. I'd like to do it. Especially tempting if I can arrange another meeting with an audiophile acquaintance there.

Apr 1, 2009 at 4:26 AM Post #35 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by slypher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will bump this up again for some new equipment as I have recently put together a balanced set up consisting of.

A balanced CKIII built by Fallen Angel on the way from cantsleep.
A new DACmadgic to feed the amp a balanced signal.
A balanced sennheiser cables being built by fidelity audio from Maple Ridge and new to the business.
A marants 5001 cd player purchased recently from Pfillion to feed the DACmagic.

I also plan to bring some other stuff to like a C-Que 8 studio headphone amp with 8 headphone outputs for comparing headphones. I will also bring my portable rig consisting of an IMod, RSA P-51 Mustang and Westone 3s. Oh and I also will bring my AKG 701s if they are not out being converted to dual entry with a balanced cable by Fidelity Audio.

I Hope this goes through as I would like a chance to listen to other peoples gear and get some exposure to some different audio equipment.

does fidelity audio have a website?

Apr 1, 2009 at 4:41 AM Post #36 of 41
Hey guys, I'm in town 'til August, I could probably bring my not so hi-fi gear... a Compass (hopefully the compass arrives mid-April) and a pair of AD-900s. Though I lost all my digitalized music along with a hard drive earlier this week, so I may end up having to steal someone else's source...

Apr 17, 2009 at 6:07 PM Post #37 of 41
Just landed a pair of AKG 501 headphones that I will bring with me. If you want to hear the AKG 501s next to the 701s this meet might be your chance.

May 18, 2009 at 2:31 AM Post #39 of 41
If nobody steps up in the next month, I'll step forward as a member of the trade funded event (assuming I can manage to afford it). Should I start an interest thread as a poll to get a head count?

May 20, 2009 at 4:51 PM Post #40 of 41
Hey fsma, thanks for stepping up. If funding is a problem, I can pitch in. I'm just horrible with planning. =P I'm in BC 'till the end of August. Please do set up a poll. Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back