Seriously Disappointed with my sr225's
Mar 21, 2006 at 3:39 AM Post #47 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by AsuAmo76
And you are not curios why so?

This is because most outputs on soundcards and portable players are too weak to properly burn in the drivers inside a good set of headphones. Also, most of the analog circuits and op-amps on soundcards and portable players roll off the bass response significantly as the load impedance decreases (and thus the headphone draws much greater current) - but great bass response is required in order to properly break in the drivers.

Mar 24, 2006 at 3:48 PM Post #48 of 53
sr225 is a very good can for its price! You will realise it more especially you compare it with rs-1. Rs-1 is no doubt better in detail and seperation but you will be wowed by the value of sr 225.

Mar 24, 2006 at 4:42 PM Post #49 of 53
Try the senn 580 if you want more instrument seperation.

Biggie.

Mar 24, 2006 at 4:49 PM Post #50 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by hentai
sr225 is a very good can for its price! You will realise it more especially you compare it with rs-1. Rs-1 is no doubt better in detail and seperation but you will be wowed by the value of sr 225.

I suppose it is if you absolutely love the Grado sound and have a collection of music that predominantly takes well to Grados. If not, I guess the SR-225s are still not too bad value-wise but the RS-1 would be absolutely brutal from a cost-benefit perspective for such a listener.

Mar 24, 2006 at 5:05 PM Post #51 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by sxr71
I suppose it is if you absolutely love the Grado sound and have a collection of music that predominantly takes well to Grados. If not, I guess the SR-225s are still not too bad value-wise but the RS-1 would be absolutely brutal from a cost-benefit perspective for such a listener.

I always think that a high end akg with warm sounding tubes will be an ideal combination for me. I am not a fan boy of any headphone brand but always prefer phones that are very detailed , slightly forward , less mid bass with good soundstage.

Akg k701..... hmm.... i think i rather get this than rs-1 and a singlepower mpx3 slam to drive it.

Mar 24, 2006 at 6:06 PM Post #52 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by AsuAmo76
Kramer, I can't understand:

1) why do we need the amp for burnin in?
2) what is "longer sans-amp?

Thanks.

Im not saying you NEED an amplifier to burn them in. Rather, IMHO it helps to use an amplification circuit (note I didn't say "amplifier") that is capable of providing ample current for transient peaks. Grados are very current hungry cans.

sans-amp means "without amp"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back