Serious Upgrade... UE11PRO, UE18 OR SIMILAR?
Feb 19, 2020 at 3:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

stephenk1982

New Head-Fier
Hi,
Always been into my music and headphones but budget always held back my choices...
Currently using Shure SE535 BT2 but now I want to really upgrade...
Gona buy the Sony ZX507...
But then I want to know what headphones to get...
Was thinking UE 11 Pro coz I like bass...
But then maybe was thinking go for the 18...
What other similar option I should consider against the UE 11 Pro??
Sorry if this has been discussed...

Feb 21, 2020 at 6:31 PM Post #2 of 8
My suggestion if you're going for FULL on endgame and can last on your Shure iems for a while longer is to save up for the 64 Audio U12t. I myself haven't had a TON of experience with it, but all of the audio reviewers/friends I trust tell me there is nothing better than the A12T. I can only imagine how awesome custom made fit version of the A12t will sound. I've been in and around side upgrades, and I promise you will be happy going straight to the top of the line stuff.

Cheers,

Jonathan

Feb 21, 2020 at 7:20 PM Post #3 of 8
Hi,
Always been into my music and headphones but budget always held back my choices...
Currently using Shure SE535 BT2 but now I want to really upgrade...
Gona buy the Sony ZX507...
But then I want to know what headphones to get...
Was thinking UE 11 Pro coz I like bass...
But then maybe was thinking go for the 18...
What other similar option I should consider against the UE 11 Pro??
Sorry if this has been discussed...
You mention ‘serious upgrade’. The first thing I would consider is your budget. How much can you afford to spend on a DAP and IEMS? A related question is how much do you want to spend i.e how TOTL do you want to go?

Feb 22, 2020 at 4:52 AM Post #6 of 8
You can try Campfire Audio Solaris. It has very tasty Low Bass

Feb 22, 2020 at 11:36 AM Post #8 of 8
I was onto UE they were say that the 11 is a bit more Bass focused... That left me wondering what other options I should consider...
I just read some reviews on here of the 11 Pro and it appears to have decent bass. Other things to consider are Campfire Solaris. Bass is pretty good on that. It retails for around $1450. It does have quite high treble though IMO. Pitchu mentioned above the 64Audio A12T. A good suggestion but these are $2000 so over the amount you want to spend. Slightly cheaper is the 64 Audio N8. These are customs and should have good bass. They retail at $1699.

One thing you could look for on here is an IEM list by a poster called crinacle. He has tested a vast majority of top end IEMs and has listed their sound signature and price. Type ‘crinacle’s IEM Ranking List’ into a search engine and it should come up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back