Serengeti - Ridiculously Good Hip Hop Record Alert
Jul 2, 2009 at 4:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

priest

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm not the kind of guy who typically does John the Baptist impersonations regarding new records, but Serengeti's Dennehy (Lights, Camera, Action!) is the best hip hop I have heard in years. I can't remember the last time I bought a record and listened to it over and over on the first day. I am on my fourth consecutive play right now. Brilliant. Exalted. And I'm trying to tone down my enthusiasm, given that I just got it tonight and obviously have no critical distance. Download only -- available on iTunes.

dennehy-serengeti.jpg

Jul 2, 2009 at 12:31 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by tru blu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where've you been, dawg? That record's, like, three years old. I think that's a new cover, though. The original's still available on Amazon…and hopefully, it'll sound a lot better than that download.
L3000.gif

Amazon.com: Dennehy: Serengeti: Music

That's Dennehy (2006), my friend! The artist himself was apparently unhappy with the way that one turned out. Dennehy (Lights, Camera, Action!) is a remixed, remastered, and reconfigured rerelease, and has seven new songs. (I should have addressed this in my original post.) Even so, this version is not brand new, I realize (2008). I think it came out within the last twelve months though, so I'm calling it new, especially since it's new to me.
smile.gif
I confess I never bothered to pick up the 2006 release, so I can't compare. But what could compare? The download sounds great (iTunes Plus).

Jul 2, 2009 at 2:51 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by priest /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's Dennehy (2006), my friend! The artist himself was apparently unhappy with the way that one turned out. Dennehy (Lights, Camera, Action!) is a remixed, remastered, and reconfigured rerelease, and has seven new songs. (I should have addressed this in my original post.) Even so, this version is not brand new, I realize (2008). I think it came out within the last twelve months though, so I'm calling it new, especially since it's new to me.
smile.gif
I confess I never bothered to pick up the 2006 release, so I can't compare. But what could compare? The download sounds great (iTunes Plus).

Thanx, I'll probably have to check a track or two from the new one. In its original form, his humor shone through.
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back