September 27 Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley mini-meet
Jul 25, 2014 at 5:39 PM Post #32 of 90
Meet is still on! I will be ready tomorrow at 10 AM.

I would like to take drink orders. What kinds of soda do you guys want? Anyone want diet?

Pizza will be provided, too.

All food is provided courtesy of my company.

-Mike

Jul 25, 2014 at 6:33 PM Post #34 of 90
  I really wanna come but I don't know when I'll be able to get there :frowning2: :frowning2: :frowning2: How late are you running?

The last meet we had, most people stayed three or four hours, and some stayed for five hours. I'll leave my equipment hooked up all day. I don't know if anyone else will be here after say 3 PM, but you can come any time you want if you want to hear my stuff (a very good custom modified iFi DAC, some custom modified amps, Audeze LCD-2, -3, and -X with custom cables, and more).

Also, it will get hot in the house by 3 PM but still tolerable. I'll provide ice water and soda. What soda do you want? Like Coke or Coke Zero?

Mike

Jul 25, 2014 at 10:53 PM Post #37 of 90
Hey guys, quick update: I'll be bringing a product sample tomorrow, a few sets of earphones that have been coated by my company to be water resistant; very close to being fully waterproof, actually.

I've got a few samples to give out, preferable to members of the trade :wink: so if anyone is interested in the ultimate outdoor/exercise/weatherproof earphones...come and get it!

Its actually a service anyone in the LA area can have done to their earphones; we have a kiosk at the Grove ^_^

(PS currawong I know this is MOtT stuff but I asked you about it months ago and you never made me one!!! Don't shoot!!!)

Jul 27, 2014 at 4:22 AM Post #38 of 90
Thanks for coming out and making the meet so enjoyable, everyone! I had a blast.

If any of you are inspired to write impressions, let me know and let's find existing threads for each product to contribute to so we build on existing threads.

Again, thanks very much and I enjoyed all the headphones. The IEMs George brought sounded freakin fantastic! The holographic imaging of the HD800 is always a treat, and this was my first time hearing a Chord Hugo.

Mike

Jul 29, 2014 at 5:21 PM Post #41 of 90
I had a lot of fun :) Wish I had stuck around to hear the HD800 + WA6 combo, but alas my girlfriend's mom is in town and we had lunch plans...sigh.

Big thanks to everyone who showed off their system; I think I listened to everything other than the WA6 and I was really impressed.

Mike's modified iFi DAC/AMP was REALLY impressive; using my DT770 straight from the HP out was the best sound I've heard from them yet, definitely a notch (maybe two) above my old Music Streamer HD -> Asgard combo, which was no slouch at all. Really impressive piece of modding, wish I had the money for one.

Aug 10, 2014 at 8:28 PM Post #43 of 90
I am in the neighborhood. Looking forward to next meet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back