September 10th, 2016: Arizona Head-Fi Meet Q3 2016
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 26, 2016 at 12:18 AM Post #32 of 148
Sure, and a couple of Utopia's to pass around. 

(btw, tomorrow is Christmas and I'm the Easter Bunny. I also have beachfront property in Gila Bend I'll sell ya'.) 
eek.gif

wink_face.gif

Jun 27, 2016 at 2:10 PM Post #34 of 148
Thanks for the invite. I will be there no matter what day it is on. I am hoping to have my new tube amp built and completed in time for the meet. I also just got a Chord Mojo DAC that has just put my ears into audio bliss.

Jun 27, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #35 of 148
Thanks for the invite. I will be there no matter what day it is on. I am hoping to have my new tube amp built and completed in time for the meet. I also just got a Chord Mojo DAC that has just put my ears into audio bliss.

Congrats on acquiring the Mojo! It's a really peerless dac at its price point and above even. I love mine and use it as my desk top dac mainly. I hope your tube amp is ready by the meet too!!

Jun 27, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #36 of 148
The Mojo is the best DAC I have ever heard easily. I only plan to upgrade when it dies. It is amazing! I also use it as a desk DAC and could care less about it's amp capabilities as I would not carry it around. Several people told me it sounds identical to the Hugo. It uses the same FPGA chip that makes Chord's DACs specia. I hope to have my amp completed. I just have to do a little more work on the headphone circuit; but, I just finished ordering the components for it, so hopefully it will be done soon, as I am excited to finish. The amp should have plenty of tube power, if I can pull it off with my DIY skills and lots of skull sweat.

Jun 29, 2016 at 1:28 AM Post #39 of 148
Just to throw an idea out there... if we have enough interest/commitment could we maybe looking into splashing some cash for a nicer venue? Maybe?  Yeah?

Destroysall and myself were thinking we'd tough out one last meet in the library, and then immediately proceed to a different venue(s) for all meets in the future. Garage1217 and I did view a sort of hotel conference room near the airport previously, and although I believe that was too much back then, it may just suit us perfectly now. It's worth looking into again, for sure.

If at all possible, we'd like to keep these meets as free as can be, for everyone! Although I do admit we have outgrown our traditional locations...

Jun 29, 2016 at 8:25 AM Post #40 of 148
Just to throw an idea out there... if we have enough interest/commitment could we maybe looking into splashing some cash for a nicer venue? Maybe?  Yeah?

Destroysall and myself were thinking we'd tough out one last meet in the library, and then immediately proceed to a different venue(s) for all meets in the future. Garage1217 and I did view a sort of hotel conference room near the airport previously, and although I believe that was too much back then, it may just suit us perfectly now. It's worth looking into again, for sure.

If at all possible, we'd like to keep these meets as free as can be, for everyone! Although I do admit we have outgrown our traditional locations...

What about just using a different room at a library? Some look quite large.

Jun 29, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #41 of 148
What about just using a different room at a library? Some look quite large.

Indeed, unfortunately, the majority of rooms are not on the first floor. Of course there is an elevator, but for the sake of simplicity, we were thinking of keeping it on the first story.

Do you guys have any more thoughts on this? Do those with heavy gear mind lugging it through the elevator? I believe one room in particular which seemed quite nice (and very quiet as well), was a conference room on the third floor, which wasn't all that much more expensive than the meeting rooms. From my memory though, it was about the size of the room at Harmon Library; for those that remember, we filled that room quite easily the last time.

Jun 29, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #42 of 148
Indeed, unfortunately, the majority of rooms are not on the first floor. Of course there is an elevator, but for the sake of simplicity, we were thinking of keeping it on the first story.

Do you guys have any more thoughts on this? Do those with heavy gear mind lugging it through the elevator? I believe one room in particular which seemed quite nice (and very quiet as well), was a conference room on the third floor, which wasn't all that much more expensive than the meeting rooms. From my memory though, it was about the size of the room at Harmon Library; for those that remember, we filled that room quite easily the last time.

Unfortunately this is accurate. The library's larger rooms are on the upper floors (3rd floor I believe), which could complicate setup.

This will most likely be the last time we use the library, as for our Spring meet we hope to move to a bigger venue, preferably a hotel.

Jun 29, 2016 at 3:13 PM Post #43 of 148
^well, there you have it. I promise, we will have a different venue for future meets after this upcoming one! I do hope this suits everyone. The goal is to locate a venue which is larger, more private, quiet, and reasonably 'in-the-middle' of the Phoenix area, so that the commute is fair for all attendees. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back