Seperate Camera Bag for Flying?
May 14, 2010 at 12:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Mr. B

100+ Head-Fier
I know this is a specialized question but I thought a couple of you might be able to offer some insight.

Next week I will be flying for the first time in four years and this will be my first time traveling with actual camera gear. I will be flying Southwest from New Orleans to Phoenix (later returning) and am planning on bringing my 40D, a couple lenses and some accessories. I have Lowepro SlingShot 200 AW which I am very fond of and holds everything. However I was just going to put what I wanted in my main carry-on bag, each lens and body in its won little case. I just read on TSA's website that passengers must "Remove all electronic devices from carryons for screening." That sounds like a nightmare since I'll be traveling with a small laptop and some other toys.

Apparently I am permitted a camera bag in addition to be precious one carry-on. Is there any reason I wouldn't want to take my camera bag in addition to a carry on or what my original plan better?

May 14, 2010 at 12:22 AM Post #2 of 4
don't worry about it. you don't need to take your camera out unless you are picked for random screening. I flew numerous times and have been picked only once so far.

and, no problem taking a carry on + a camera bag at all.

May 14, 2010 at 3:58 AM Post #3 of 4
I have a laptop and camera backpack that holds most of my gear in one bag for carry-on, with space for snacks, books, etc.  It's pretty easy to open it and let them examine everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back