Separating Bass from Audio - An Interesting Project
Nov 20, 2012 at 5:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

chickenparm1223

New Head-Fier
[size=12.0pt]So I have recently begun a project. I'm trying to keep it under wraps as much as possible, but I need help. What I need is a little odd, but it has a purpose.[/size]

[size=12.0pt]Input:[/size]
  1. [size=12.0pt]Stereo RCA or 3.5mm headphone jack (depending on the situation)[/size]
[size=12.0pt]Outputs (ALL are necessary): [/size]
  1. [size=12.0pt]Stereo RCA[/size]
  2. [size=12.0pt]THREE 3.5mm (mono) jacks - 1 right, 1 left, 1 bass[/size]

[size=12.0pt]Basically, I need to take 1 stereo RCA input/3.5mm jack (which I know are easily adaptable between) and split it in half while maintaining stereo sound. Half of this audio will then go to an AV Receiver to be amplified. The other half will then get "processed." When it is all said and done, I need to end up with three 3.5mm headphone jacks - one carrying the right channel, one the left, and one the bass. These signals are then used in conjunction with various other devices to create a light show. My intention, if you haven't already figured it out, is to have different lights react to L, R, and bass. I know of lighting controllers that do this (they have 3.5mm inputs and react to the sound from these inputs), but I need help isolating the different parts of the audio.[/size]

[size=12.0pt]I was thinking of maybe using a mixing board in conjunction with a crossover, but I'm not sure. I want to keep this as cheap as possible without sacrificing sound quality. Therefore, I have been shopping around for used gear. [/size]

[size=12.0pt]Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated![/size]

[size=12.0pt]Thanks![/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back