separate gym and main pmp
Aug 14, 2008 at 2:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

veruvius

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

This year, I have lost a Cowon X5L and D2 (and two pairs of UM1s). Yay for me. Anyways, after taking the middle ground with the D2, I've decided I should get separate players for the gym and everyday life.

Both players need to have good codec support (I have a poor, mishmashed media collection, but I can convert if need be), not be limited to specific software (should be able to drag and drop), and have good battery life. The main player will be used for some video watching as well. I listen to the full gamut of music (and should be dynamic enough for that), but the gym player will probably be just rock/rap.

I don't know too much on the small players, but I'm guessing the Sansa Clip is best for the gym, and I was thinking maybe a Zune for normal use, but isn't that software limited? I figure 80 gb will more than meet my needs (counting videos).

Everytime I buy a new player, I fall out of the loop. Everytime I lose it, I come back here...

Aug 14, 2008 at 9:53 PM Post #2 of 5
Gym: Sansa Clip 4G>Shure SE530

Other: H140>D1>Etymotic ER-4S

The SQ of the Clip is so good I don't miss my "Other" setup when I use my Clip. Also, the Clip is super easy to change songs, so its 4G limited capacity doesn't bother me. I just put 4G of my latest and favorite music out of my 40G of total music on it.

Aug 18, 2008 at 6:54 PM Post #3 of 5
Maybe you should wait for Zune 120

Aug 19, 2008 at 1:20 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricardo Dawkins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe you should wait for Zune 120

I agree w/this 1!!!
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back