Sent my Bose QC2s back today
Jun 5, 2007 at 1:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

guynbluejeans

New Head-Fier
Got them in the mail before their "Excitement Guarantee" trial period expired.

I listened to the "experts" in this place in the end, and not all those others at other places on the Internet whom gave so many glowing reviews on them. I also couldn't get past the fact that my $20 Sony MDR-150s sounded just as good (though not as comfortable) as the $300 Bose.

Currently I'm considering some Sennheiser XP 100s to fill my meager needs.

I really am grateful to all of you folks for being so generous with your time and advice in helping see the light regarding those over-priced Bose.

Thanks a million, All!!

Jun 5, 2007 at 2:17 AM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by kikkomang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i've always thought that the mdr150's sucked a lot.

They do
tongue.gif

Jun 5, 2007 at 2:59 AM Post #4 of 11
The important thing is being satisfied with the phones in hand. For the savings in sending the Bose back and eventually ending up with the XP-100 to tease the ears, there will still be enough bucks left over to give some seed money for the eventual "Next" cans!

Sorry guy; but you may have thanked us too soon!
tongue.gif

wink.gif

Jun 5, 2007 at 3:14 AM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The important thing is being satisfied with the phones in hand. For the savings in sending the Bose back and eventually ending up with the XP-100 to tease the ears, there will still be enough bucks left over to give some seed money for the eventual "Next" cans!

Sorry guy; but you may have thanked us too soon!
tongue.gif

wink.gif

Nah, I'm pretty sure I'll not be sucked down that much mentioned hole that so many reference now and then. But then again, I can be a weak and rather wishy-washy guy at times in these advancing years ... so nothing can be ruled out with 100% certainty.
biggrin.gif

Jun 5, 2007 at 5:05 AM Post #6 of 11
Get a Sennheiser HD555 for $100ish or a 595 for $150ish, depending on your budget. I think the two of them are recommended as good all around headphones that dont need amps or any high end equipment to sound good.

Jun 5, 2007 at 6:19 AM Post #7 of 11
congrats for not following all the other lemmings out there! unfortunately head-fi can be a pretty deep and dark hole to fall into but truthfully, i've enjoyed every step along the way. being happy with what you have is what it's all about.

Jun 5, 2007 at 12:02 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by guynbluejeans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nah, I'm pretty sure I'll not be sucked down that much mentioned hole that so many reference now and then. But then again, I can be a weak and rather wishy-washy guy at times in these advancing years ... so nothing can be ruled out with 100% certainty.
biggrin.gif

*Heh, heh, chuckle* I kinda thought the same thing until I realize I was already in my 60s by the time I first "discovered" cans! So the advancing years may in fact make us even more vulnerable!
rolleyes.gif

....my thoughts and prayers indeed go with you in these extremely stressful times!!
icon10.gif

wink.gif

Jun 5, 2007 at 3:26 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by guynbluejeans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got them in the mail before their "Excitement Guarantee" trial period expired.

I listened to the "experts" in this place in the end, and not all those others at other places on the Internet whom gave so many glowing reviews on them. I also couldn't get past the fact that my $20 Sony MDR-150s sounded just as good (though not as comfortable) as the $300 Bose.

Currently I'm considering some Sennheiser XP 100s to fill my meager needs.

I really am grateful to all of you folks for being so generous with your time and advice in helping see the light regarding those over-priced Bose.

Thanks a million, All!!

I'm still in the eval period for mine. I've got a pair of Senns PXC 450s coming today and am looking forward to comparing the two side by side. I have higher hopes for the Senns (in which case the QC2s are going back). The QC2s are decent sounding, decent noise cancelling phones but nothing to write home about in either of those categories or that makes me want to call my friends and say "You have to hear these to believe them".

Jun 5, 2007 at 3:50 PM Post #11 of 11
I forgot to mention ... I actually joined Consumer Reports for a year's subscription just so I could mainly have at their headphone reviews (before deciding whether or not to send the Bose back). What a joke! They listed Bose QuietComfort2's at number one but only had a half dozen or so others to compare against, and even those were in the $40 or so dollar range! And on top of that the info was from 2003.

Cripes. I thought about emailing them and asking if I could have my $26 back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back