Sent KSC-35 for warranty repair, got KSC-75s back
Feb 26, 2010 at 10:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

carlineng

100+ Head-Fier
My KSC-35 headphones recently stopped working, so I sent them in to Koss for repair along with a check for $6. I know the policy states Koss has the right to replace any headphones with a similar model, but I wrote a note instructing the warranty department that if they could not or would not fix the KSC-35s, simply to send them back to me unchanged rather than replace them. Unfortunately they completely disregarded the note and sent me a new pair of 75s. I'm pretty annoyed by this. Is that standard operating procedure for Koss? Am I likely to get anywhere by complaining, or am I SOL? Ideally I'd like to get my original pair of headphones back and try to repair them myself.

Feb 27, 2010 at 12:11 AM Post #2 of 9
It never hurts to ask, but my gut tells me you're probably SOL. They probably threw out your KSC 35 already and they have the disclaimer to cover them.

If you really want to make a big deal out of this, you can point out that they have the KSC 35 on their site and demand that your headphone be replaced with the same model.

http://www.koss.com/koss/kossweb.nsf/p?openform&pc^sc^KSC35

The KSC 75 is priced significantly lower, so you are getting screwed - $19.99 vs $44.99

Feb 27, 2010 at 4:42 AM Post #3 of 9
You received the clip-on 75's to replace the 35's? That sounds like a mistake and a breach of the warranty.

Feb 27, 2010 at 5:12 AM Post #5 of 9
That sucks. Contact them.

And with your location: it's Palo Alto, not "Stanford".

Feb 27, 2010 at 5:23 AM Post #6 of 9
Given that the company is inches from going massively and totally bankrupt and imploding under tens of millions of $ in debt because of fraud you're damn lucky to have got anything. Take the 75s and look after them.

Feb 27, 2010 at 6:23 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by iHelp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That sucks. Contact them.

And with your location: it's Palo Alto, not "Stanford".

I love Stanford, but don't care at all for Palo Alto, and am moving soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Given that the company is inches from going massively and totally bankrupt and imploding under tens of millions of $ in debt because of fraud you're damn lucky to have got anything. Take the 75s and look after them.

Ugh.

Feb 27, 2010 at 7:12 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by EnnGeeOhh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's a city in California called Stanford.

Well, it might be a stretch to call it a city, but Stanford has a post office with its own zip code, separate from Palo Alto.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back